Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

4G speed drops at evening

Scout

Everyday around 6-7pm, the 4G speed drops to 3/MBs which should normally be 15-20MB/S depending on time. It doesn't go back up until midnight where I plan to sleep. I'm currently using a 4G data hotspot on my iphone and this speed drop becomes problematic after Christmas. 

Any solutions to it? 

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: 4G speed drops at evening

Hi there, we don't support tethering with our plans so we can't guarantee service. You can see this in our terms and conditions here - All You Can Eat Data Plan

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Hi there, we don't support tethering with our plans so we can't guarantee service. You can see this in our terms and conditions here - All You Can Eat Data Plan

Highlighted

I am only getting 4.30 mbps download speed and 3.71 upload speed using my mobile data and living in dublin??? It's crazy I am suppose to receive 4g unlimited
Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Hi there, can you tell me where exactly you’re experiencing this please and when did you start to notice it?  Does it only happen in one place or does it happen in other places too? what type of phone are you using? Deb

Highlighted

Lookout

It's the same here in Ard finnan Tipperary every evening until around midnight the 3 service goes down phone reception goes down meaning can't make any calls as the signal is gone and 4G internet goes from a good 50Mbps during the day to 0 at night this is an absolute disgrace. It has only happened the last 2-3 months and is getting worse.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Hi Pats123 👋 , I’ll look into this for you right away. Can you tell me where exactly this is happening, is it everywhere or a specific area? Is it only on your phone or do you have a broadband too?  Deb

Highlighted

Explorer
I have the same issue in the evenings. During the afternoon I get around 20 Mbps down and around 11Mbps up but after 6pm it drops to below 1 Mbps down but over 6Mbps up. We have 4 phones on the 3 network and also one 4g hauwei broadband router. We have another work phone on Vodaphone which works perfectly. The issue is the 3 Network. We have been suffering for months now and are just about to swap our 4 phones and Broadband to another provider as the service is unusable in the evenings but after midnight it is great again. We are in Kilcolman, Enniskeanne.
Highlighted

Explorer
CellID 45177 LAC 22600
Cell Tower Details Above
I just did a few more tests and I am getting 700kbps down and 4.2Mbps up. This is common for us after 6pm in the evenings till after midnight.
Highlighted

Scout
Hi, I'm seeing a drop in the connection speed in Rush Co. Dublin in the evenings. During the day it's quite good. When I see a drop in download speed the uploaded speed remains very fast. Can you have a look?
Highlighted

Lookout
Yes it's the same here in Mullingar and I have finally decided to go to Eir because the customer service is pathetic and I been routed do many times and not given the right answer.
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.