Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

3G disabled on my SIM ever since moving number? 4G is fine

Navigator

Hello, So I recently purchased a new phone and it requires a smaller micro/nano sim w/e so I contacted three's live chat support via the web portal, got them to transfer my old number to a new sim , which fits my new phone. Everything works fine in terms of 4G , calls, texts but 3G is disabled on the sim by the looks of it. I'm unable to connect to 3G with 5 bars of signal for it available, it just shows as (forbidden). But I'm able to use 4G without any problem I just need the 3G to be able to swap over in the evening because the 4G is so slow. is there any way I can the 3G re enabled for my sim? it worked fine on my old one..

Chosen Solution

Re: 3G disabled on my SIM ever since moving number? 4G is fi

3 Moderator

Hey @HyperViz0r98 👋 Sounds like a strange one alright, if data was blocked on the account then neither 3G or 4G would work 🤔  Pop me a PM with the number and details and I'll check the account for you to see if there is anything that may be stopping it from our side. Susan 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Weird! Do you have 4G set as preferred network mode? If so change to 3G only
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Legend
What phone do you have?

Navigator

The issue is the fact I CANT change my preferred network, I've tested the sim in another phone and it has the same issue, I'm unable to use to 3G , it will not connect, It will try but it will never be able to connect to the 3G, even though there is 5 bars of signal. My phone is not the issue, 3G does not work on the sim in both devices I try it in.

Okay I get ya. It's just odd because you can usually change the mode (not talking about the actual network) but the mode. It's unusual also because usually there's 3G and 4G. Maybe SIM issue
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

Full 5 bars of signal both 3G and 4G, 4G works completely fine but i'm unable to connect to the 3G network, its blocked/forbidden for some reason. And it's not device related because today i'm after testing it in a 3rd device. It's just unable to connect to 3G with this sim for some reason.

Legend
Get a new sim and that may sort it out

Navigator

Any possibility of a three employee checking if 3G on my sim is disabled on their end? whatever required info I can pm it you the employee.

3 Moderator

Hey @HyperViz0r98 👋 Sounds like a strange one alright, if data was blocked on the account then neither 3G or 4G would work 🤔  Pop me a PM with the number and details and I'll check the account for you to see if there is anything that may be stopping it from our side. Susan 

[ Edited ]
Navigator

To update people : the problem was indeed on three's end and they refreshed my data settings there and now it works fine. turns out I was right hehe

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>