Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

3 wont allow use of phone credit at Play store

Lookout
Hi, I was trying to purchase an app with my 3 credit at google play store but received the following 2 messages:
1. bill 3 account - not elligible
2. the account verification email could not be sent. please try again.

I have tried numerous times and same issue occurs.

Can you please resolve this. Can you check why the account verification email is not sending? Is it anything to do with my yahoo.com email address being registered at three.ie rather than my gmail. com address?

thanks

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: 3 wont allow use of phone credit at Play store

Lookout
I resolved the issue myself by clearing app data and cache for Google play app as follows:

How to clear Google Play Store app Cache and Data:
Go to your device settings menu
Go to Applications/Applications Manager
Tap on All Applications
Search and open Google Play Store app
Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

Hi there,

Can you ensure that your billing location is set to Ireland within the Play Store settings? 

Lookout
Yes,my billing address is set to Ireland. That does not resolve the issue as I still receive the same two errors mentioned previously.

What price plan are you on @frav2017? It sounds like the plan you're on doesn't allow for purchasing through Google Play.

The email address that you've used for My3 or Three.ie won't have any impact on your Google account as they are totally separate, but it would be no harm to try using a different email address to see if that works.

Lookout
I am on prepay plan. I top up by 20 per month to get the unlimited all you can eat data plan. I have purchased apps in the past from Google store. Looking at my play store purchase history the last app I purchased was on 21st February this year. I have bought a new phone recently but don't know if that affects anything?
Highlighted

Lookout
I resolved the issue myself by clearing app data and cache for Google play app as follows:

How to clear Google Play Store app Cache and Data:
Go to your device settings menu
Go to Applications/Applications Manager
Tap on All Applications
Search and open Google Play Store app
Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache

[ Edited ]

That's brilliant @frav2017 and I think we should definitely include that as a troubleshooting step for the future. Thanks for letting us know! Smiley Happy

Update: we've added that troubleshooting step to our blog on buying apps with your phone, thanks! - http://forum.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Buy-Apps-with-your-Three-Account/ba-p/9066

3 Billing No Longer Works

Lookout
<p>I was purchasing items on the Google play store with my 3 credit until it stopped working recently. I removed 3 billing as a payment option and tried to re-add it and it gives this error: "Can't verify your account. Try again later. [OR-DVASA2-03]"</p>

Re: 3 Billing No Longer Works

3 Moderator

Hi @Robizal I've moved your post to a thread in relation to your query. This may help resolve your query, Don't forget to accept solutions and share the love by liking posts that you found helpful ♥

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>