Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

3 Billing is not an option on Google Play Store

Navigator

I have followed the instructions here: here and in a few other threads. 

I have reset my address in google to ensure it is Irish. I have forced google play to stop, cleared the data and cache and I am still unable to choose 3 Billing as an option. 

In Google Payments I only have one address which is in Ireland. When I go to the Play store I choose an app and the currency immediately switches to dollars and the only payment options are cards.

Re: 3 Billing is not an option on Google Play Store

Hi shaunh 👋 Can you go into your Account settings and click on Payment Methods and let me know if 3 Billing comes up as an option there and whether you have it set up or not please? Aoife

Navigator

3 Billing is not an option in my payment methods.

What do I need to do to set it up?

Can you send me a screenshot of the options you get please? 

Navigator

Screenshot_20180322-125520.pngScreenshot_20180322-125447.png

Thanks for that. If you click on more payment settings, do you get the option to set up 3 Billing in that page? 

Navigator

The first picture is what I get when I click more payment settings. It just asks me to add a payment method and the choices are to add a debit/credit card, a google store financing card or a bank account

Can you send me a PM with your number, full name, address and date of birth please shaunh and I'll check this out further for you? 

Navigator

Finally resolved this: 

Looks like it was set up on the US store from when I was over there 6 years ago!

When I googled changing the play store currency, the suggestions kept telling me to change my address on Google Payments which I did to no avail. 

Also the play store displayed all prices in euro up until I paid so I was extra confused. 

The way I changed the country was Play Store > Account > Country and Profiles > Switch to Ireland > Set up a payment method that isn't 3 Billing > Select Ireland profile.

I tried to select 3 billing when making the switch but it never went through. However once I switched with a card payment method I was able buy something on the app store using 3 billing then. 

Play Store payment not working

Navigator

I'm getting the message "Your account isn't eligible for mobile payment services call your mobile operator 0R-DVASA2-02" after the message "Sending account verification text to 3" when trying to enable my bill pay through 3. I previously had it enabled, tried to buy an app today, removed it as a payment option to add it again to see if that would work and I'm getting that message? I'm on prepay and have plenty of credit...

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon