Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: 2G network with new sim card

Maestro

Once a SIM has been deactivated it can't be re-activated I'm afraid. All our new SIM cards are 3G enabled rather than 2G. What price plan was old SIM on? 

Explorer

It is a pre paid sim card. What annoys most is that the guy at the shop did not warn me at all. I would have just cut the old micro sim.

Maestro

I do apologise for this Alfredo. I can send you a SIM card from here that may be 2G enabled if you'd like? 

Explorer

That would be great!! How can we do that?

Maestro

Just PM me your full name & address & I'll get this arranged. I can't guarantee it's 2G but I will certainly 😃

Explorer

Just sent a PM!

Thanks a lot!

Maestro

Great stuff Alfredo, I've popped that in the post for you now. It'll take a few days to get to you due to the Bank Holiday 👍

Explorer

Thanks again a million.

I'll let you know if it works!!

Alfredo

Maestro

No worries, have a great day 😃

Explorer

Hi,

I just received the new SIM but it is not going to work, I guess.

When I try to activate it, I see that the SIM should start with 8935305 while the one you sent starts with 8935302.

The activation procedure at http://www.three.ie/activate-my-sim does not let me go ahead with this old SIM.

Is there any other way to activate it?

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon