Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: 2G network with new sim card

Maestro

Once a SIM has been deactivated it can't be re-activated I'm afraid. All our new SIM cards are 3G enabled rather than 2G. What price plan was old SIM on? 

Highlighted

Explorer

It is a pre paid sim card. What annoys most is that the guy at the shop did not warn me at all. I would have just cut the old micro sim.

Highlighted

Maestro

I do apologise for this Alfredo. I can send you a SIM card from here that may be 2G enabled if you'd like? 

Highlighted

Explorer

That would be great!! How can we do that?

Highlighted

Maestro

Just PM me your full name & address & I'll get this arranged. I can't guarantee it's 2G but I will certainly 😃

Highlighted

Explorer

Just sent a PM!

Thanks a lot!

Highlighted

Maestro

Great stuff Alfredo, I've popped that in the post for you now. It'll take a few days to get to you due to the Bank Holiday 👍

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks again a million.

I'll let you know if it works!!

Alfredo

Highlighted

Maestro

No worries, have a great day 😃

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi,

I just received the new SIM but it is not going to work, I guess.

When I try to activate it, I see that the SIM should start with 8935305 while the one you sent starts with 8935302.

The activation procedure at http://www.three.ie/activate-my-sim does not let me go ahead with this old SIM.

Is there any other way to activate it?

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.