Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Will This phone work in Ireland?

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Hello I am planing to buy a phone (Not Locally)as such am worried will it work there? these are the network specifications for his phone!

2G: GSM 1800MHz,GSM 1900MHz,GSM 850MHz,GSM 900MHz 
3G: WCDMA B1 2100MHz,WCDMA B8 900MHz 
Network type: FDD-LTE,GSM,WCDMA 
WIFI: 802.11b/g/n wireless internet 
Wireless Connectivity: 3G,4G,A-GPS,Bluetooth,GPS,GSM,WiFi 
4G LTE: FDD B1 2100MHz,FDD B20 800MHz,FDD B3 1800MHz,FDD B7 2600MHz,FDD B8 900MHz

Thanks for response in advance!

Ps. Oh right i used to be 02 client as it was moved over to three there should be no problems related to this right?

Chosen Solution

Re: Will This phone work in Ireland?

Legend
Whats the exact model?
I think you should be ok for three

View solution in original post

Posted From Sony G8441

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

Hi Eltra, any phone not bought through us we can't guarantee will work I'm afraid. You'd need to check this with the manufacture. 

Legend
Whats the exact model?
I think you should be ok for three

Posted From Sony G8441

Lookout

Cubot Note Plus i actually want for three but as it has the problem with changing from three to o2 towers am worried so i wanted to verify just in case as the price is very appealing for the specifications of this phone

3 Moderator

As advised @Eltra, we cannot guarantee that any phone not purchased with Three will work. We don't currently have the Cubot Note Plus on our website. If you take a look at this link 👉 http://bit.ly/1YBOKrN you can see all the phones we currently have on offer. Let me know if you have any further questions on this. 

Highlighted

Lookout

Purchased it when it comes i will post it here for other to know if it worked or not!

3 Moderator

Okay no worries. Let us know if you need anything else. Otherwise, have a lovely weekend. 

[ Edited ]

The phone will work on 3. However, do note that certain cubot phones come with the radio turned off, this can be resolved by typing *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer, a secret window will come up, click on the three bars in the top right and Enable Radio. 

I have a feeling that 3 say that they don't guarantee that the phone will work in an attempt to make even more money from you by buying a phone that is branded to 3 and Sim Locked to 3 while getting you to pay the full cost of the phone. 

Legend

You could easily buy a phone and it wont work on the 4G+ Frequencies.

When you buy a phone from Three, they have tested that the phone works and you can return it for repairs in Ireland.

With other phones you dont get this guarantee

Hi,

That particular phone will work on those frequencies, as the SoC supports
it.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>