Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Using 3 sim in non 4g phone

Lookout

Hi

Am attempting to use a 3 sim in an old Nokia 6555 . Phone works great .Can get all GSM Frequency sims  accepted  also O2  sim  will work on UTMS (3g) setting  of 2100 which is   the same frequency that 3 uses however the 3 sim is not recognised . Works ok in the Smart phone that its been used in for the past 3 years . Any suggestions please .

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Using 3 sim in non 4g phone

Legend
Ah as its an at&t phone it wont work with 3 sim card, 3 doesn't recognise the American 3g that the phone supports

View solution in original post

Posted From Android 2.0

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hi @Brushy 👋 Where did you purchase the phone initially? Is it an old o2 or Three phone? Ashlee 

Lookout
Hi
.Its Branded at&t but has never been used .Is left over stock or something. I first checked it out with a bit of software called a BB5 Utility and its not locked . I set it to manual selection UTMS instead of the former Auto Selection and have JUST had O2 sim recognised and working BUT still won't recognise the 3 sim and I believe that O2 and 3 both use the same 2100 mhz don't they .

3 Moderator

Hi Brushy, would the 3 SIM you have be a 4G SIM as it may not work in the phone. Have you tested the 3 SIM in another phone. 

Lookout
Hi
Works fine in a Hauwei G620s also worked ok in a Nokia 3710 . There is no 4G where we live . ITS NORTH WALES .Have to use a 3 Box to get any signal in the house

3 Moderator

Have you been able to test other SIMs in the phone besides your Three SIM? 

Lookout
Yes O2 and ASDA (EE ??) both are recognised UTMS (3G)2100 mhz

Highlighted

Legend
Ah as its an at&t phone it wont work with 3 sim card, 3 doesn't recognise the American 3g that the phone supports

Posted From Android 2.0
Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>