Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Unable to receive calls from Vodafone

Anonymous
I moved from Meteor billpay to 3 prepay a few days ago. My number ported over to 3 successfully: I have network coverage, mobile data works, and I can make calls and send texts.

For some reason my partner who is on Vodafone is unable to call or text me; my calls from the 3 network come through on his phone as do my texts. To rule out that it is his phone I tested this with a friend who is also on Vodafone: she cannot call or text me either but receives my calls and texts.

I have no issue receiving calls or texts from other 3 customers or O2 customers; I have not tested it with Meteor.

Why am I unable to receive calls or texts from Vodafone customers? It is very important that my partner can contact me via text message and phone call -- at the moment we have to use WhatsApp.

My device was not purchased from 3; it is a LG Google Nexus 5x purchased from the Irish Google store.

Is something not configured correctly? I have contacted 3 webchat about this and they advised me to do a manual network search: my phone found three options for 3 and one for Meteor. Only one of the 3 (network) options works.

Please help.

Re: Unable to receive calls from Vodafone

Maestro

Hey there, can you PM me your account details and I'll follow this up for you? Thanks, Julie D.

Maestro

Thanks Damien, I've sent this on to our tech team and as soon as I've an update I'll be back to you. Thanks, Julie D.

Anonymous
Hi Julie, I received a call from a 3 technician today who has resolved the issue.

Thank you for your combined efforts. I'm delighted to have a fully functioning SIM now.

Damien

3 Staff

Great Smiley Happy I'm glad to hear it's been sorted for you. Thanks, Fiona

Anonymous

I am having the same issue can I send you my details and have a technician look into this? Thanks!

Hi Leann_K can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this out for you Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Thanks for getting back to me just sent you a PM now

That's the right one Smiley Happy Okay thanks, how long has this been happening for? 

Anonymous

Almost a year since I switched from Meteor to 3. As I said I went in store and they gave me a new sim but it didn't help.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>