Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mobile broadband

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

I got my partner to set up a mobile hotspot and I'm trying to activate the new SIM but it tells me 'You must enter a SIM number beginning with 8935305'.  The replacement SIM I have starts with 8935302.

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@Fozzle, we can try one more thing. Can you log into the router > Disable 2.4ghz signal in the router setting when you log into it > Go to wlan settings and click into basic. There you'll see 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Your router could be emitting both by default,  if you switch off 2.4 then you'll be using 5ghz which is faster. You may have to connect to that wired but you can also try disable the 5ghz and see if your speeds are a bit more stable. 

Pathfinder

Ok, I'll try that later.  I want to use 2.4ghz because I have a wireless sound system that requires it.  And again, the speed is bad but that's not the main issue.  The main issue is that the internet is not available a lot of the time making it impossible to do work or watch anything without constant breaks.

Also, you didn't answer my question about replacing the SIM.  Did the wrong type of SIM get sent out? Is there some step I'm missing?

Also, could it be because I'm in between two masts?  My phone also loses internet access in the house but it's fine once I'm out and about.  I'll reiterate, I live in Dublin 6, less than a kilometer from the masts, signal should not be a problem.

I see you've updated your post to remove the words 'before I contact the tech team'.  I would suggest that given the time that has passed and all the information I've given you that you should already have contacted the tech team.  Please do this now.  And please ask customer services (or relevant team) to contact me in relation to redress for my lack of service this past month.

3 Community Manager

@Fozzle I contacted the tech team already and they've analysed your service but you should have received a call from them to provide you with an update. I updated that because I know I already raised the issue. but I've asked them for the analysis to view. Turning off your router can also help i.e. at night time instead of leaving it on all night if you turn it off when not using it, can improve the service. The SIM card you have received is not suitable for your plan, it's something that can help but  looking at your account you only just got the SIM with the new router so I think your best bet is to try the step above and I'll let you know what the tech team have found.

Pathfinder
Ok, thanks for the quick response. I'll try your suggestions. I have
started turning off the router at night.

Pathfinder

Hi, I brought my router down to Gorey in Wexford at the weekend.  It worked perfectly and it had 5 signal bars.  In Dublin 6 I get 1 maybe 2 signal bars, consistent dropped signal and very slow speed.  And my mobile phone, also on Three, is very slow and drops internet when used in the house.  I think this proves that the problem is with the Three network and not the router or SIM.  

As this can't be resolved, I would like to be released from my contract for the mobile broadband.  I can live with the issue on my phone as long as the internet in my house is working.  I would also like some of my money back as I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving.

thanks

Fiona

Maestro

Hi @Fozzle

Thanks for testing this, so this just happens in your home address of Dublin 6. Have you tried putting the modem in different parts of the house to see where the best signal is? 

Pathfinder

Yes, I've tried putting it in different parts of my house.  

I'm going to get our tech team to investigate this further for you @Fozzle. Can you let me know how many signal bars are showing on the modem and whether the light on the modem is constant or fluctuating please? Can you also send me a screenshot of the speeds you're getting? 

Pathfinder
Only one signal bar and constant lights on modem.

I've PM'd the screenshots. Speed less than 1mbps.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>