Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mobile broadband

3 Community Manager

Thanks @Fozzle Let me know how you get on when you try the router elsewhere and I'll check everything out here on this side as well Smiley Happy

Pathfinder

I haven't been able to try the router anywhere else yet.  I'm not really sure when or where I can do this unless I bring it down to the local shopping centre and just plug it in to a free socket.  

Anyway, last night I did manage to get 30 mins of stable internet connection which was good however I was watching a show and it did have to stop to buffer a few times so I imagine it was a slow connection.  I also noticed that at the same time my mobile phone data wasn't working.  Similar to the router, it looks like there's a signal but web pages won't open saying that I'm not connected to the internet. (Obviously the phone was using it's own 4g and not the wifi)

So, maybe the issue is with my location and not just the router/SIM.  Is there any way someone can come to the house to test this or to help resolve the issue? 

3 Community Manager

@Fozzle Our tech team became aware that some customers were having difficulties with their data service last night and worked to resolve this. It's back up and running. Have you experienced an improvement using your mobile data this morning? Your data and your broadband are working off the same mast, if one has improved since last night and the other remains the same then it does point to a possible issue with the modem. Let me know how things are this morning.

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

Hi, so I'm still having problems with my mobile broadband.  My phone is slightly better but not by much.  This isn't an isolated issue.

A few nights ago I was trying to watch something online but it kept stalling so I decided to do a speed test.  When I eventually got it to work, after the internet dropping a number of times, the result came back as 1.4 Mbps download speed, not exactly what Three advertise.  I did the same test on my mobile phone and the result was 12 Mbps. 

I haven't been able to test the modem outside of the house because I have nowhere to bring it.  I really need something done about this as I'm paying monthly for something that pretty much doesn't work. 

Either release me from the contract or do something to resolve this problem.  Send someone to the house or send a new modem or a new SIM or give me some new settings to try, anything.

3 Moderator

Hi Fozzle 👋 I can see that you have gone through a lot of the settings and other such steps. By any chance, do you leave the router switched on when not in use? I certainly can send out a sim card, just PM me your details ( your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth) 

Pathfinder

Of course I leave it switched on, it's our home broadband, we would like it to be available all the time.  I only have this service and device about a month and it has never worked as expected since the day I got it.

I'm only suggesting a new SIM or modem because I can't think of anything else.  If you have any ideas please share them.  I'll PM  you my details.

3 Moderator

Thanks for that 👍 I have just put a new sim in the post for you. It will take about 2 days to get to. It is recommendable to switch off the router when not in use. Perhaps overnight? 

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

So the new SIM arrived but I'm not sure how to activate it as the phone number of the SIM I'm replacing wasn't recognised.

In the meantime, the issues continue with both my modem and my phone (only in the house).  At different times both my phone and modem threw the error 'Unable to connect to the internet' even though on my phone I had 4G+ and on the laptop (modem) I had the internet connected symbol.

Is there any chance it's because I'm between two masts and the signal drops from one and picks up the other one?

Maestro

Hey @Fozzle,

You can activate a replacement SIM at the link here: http://bit.ly/1nCuJ6T Just ensure you're using the 083 broadband number 👍

Pathfinder
I tried that but it didn't recognise the number.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>