Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Mobile broadband

Explorer

For the last 13 months I've been a customer of Three. I have mobile broadband. In the last month the quality of service has seriously deteriorated. I used to get 3/4 MB per sec in peak time and up to 24 MS per sec off peak. 

Recently, the service is having serious, serious , serious issues. I am losing service 3-4 times an hour. Tonight I've had to reboot my modem 7 times. The speeds have dropped to less than 0.2 mb per second. This is seriously unacceptable as I am paying Euro 69 PER MONTH. This amounts to robbery given the quality of service provided. 

I am on the verge of cancellation. It is simply unacceptable that the service has declined so drastically. 

Re: Mobile broadband

3 Moderator

Hi Fintan_23, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll check this out for you now. Can you send your address in PM and I'll have a look into this for you now?

Pathfinder

I just recently signed up to mobile broadband (to use exclusively at home) and I have similar issues.  Although the router (Huawei B525) has a couple of signal bars, the internet drops a few times an hour making it impossible to watch anything online and very frustrating to use at all.  Rebooting the router doesn't really solve the problem.  I usually end up using a phone as a hotspot which is not ideal.

I'm very close to two masts so maybe it keeps dropping the signal from one and picking up the other?  Whatever it is, I really need help!

3 Moderator

Hi Fozzle 👋 Can you take a look at this checklist on our Community, and let me know if that helps? - http://bit.ly/1UYaaiz Deb

Pathfinder

It's not a phone I'm having trouble with, it's mobile broadband using a new Huawei B525 router.  I've tried restarting and resetting it but that made no difference. The service is very bad and really not fit for purpose.  

3 Moderator

There's a broadband section in that link I sent you, near the top. Can you search for a network manually, please? 

Pathfinder

I'll try this when I get home, thanks

Pathfinder

I get this error if I try go to 192.168.1.1

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.1 took too long to respond.

If I go to 192.168.8.1 that gets me into a broadband homepage.  What should I do from there?

Pathfinder

I have set it to network search - manual and selected 3 4G.  Hopefully that works.

3 Moderator

Can you change “Network search mode” from “auto” to “manual” and click apply to see the available operators. Select “3 IRL 3G” Or “27202 O2 IRL” and click ok, then check for signal bars in the top right. Then if you go back to network search mode and select “Automatic”, click apply and close the window. Let me know how you get on with this 👍 

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>