Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Huawei B525 WiFi doesn't have internet connection

Navigator
Hi. I have A Huawei B525.
Since this morning started to act very weird.
It has a WiFi signal, but when in connected to it, after a few minutes, it says that it doesn't have a internet connection. I restarted it and after a few minutes of being able to browse on the web, it says the same. I even got to the point of removing the SIM card and putting back again, I restarted and rebooted it, I even reset it to factory settings.. it keeps doing the same thing. Even when I'm connected through Ethernet it doesn't have a internet connection. I checked the router configuration page, it looks like everything is fine from there, the router is actually receiving a good 4G signal, the problem seems to be when it has to give it through the WiFi. Any help please?
Posted From Huawei DUK-L09

Re: Huawei B525 WiFi doesn't have internet connection

3 Community Manager

@Izma Is this still happening for you? Just to confirm it's happening both Wired and Wireless? 

Navigator
Yes it's still happening.

3 Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know. You mentioned the issue is through WiFi but if it's happening with the Ethernet cable then it isn't just WiFi so lets go through a few more things here to find out what's happening. From my side I'd like to check your location, can you send me your home address (just the town and county as this is public) Have you tried connecting a few things to the WiFi to use it or is it happening on the same piece of equipment i.e the same computer or the same phone?

Highlighted

Navigator
Thanx for replying. My address is Knockanure, Ballymakeera, Cork.
I tried the Ethernet and is the same. I tried to connect my phone, my tablet, my wife's phone, my wife's tablet, my smart tv (with WiFi and Ethernet), and a few other devices from my relatives. All of them can pick up the WiFi signal, but when trying to browse on the internet, it won't connect, and it says there is not internet connection although they have a WiFi signal and the modem is showing that it's picking up 4G..

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Okay thanks for the information. I've checked my side and there aren't any known issues in the area. Did you see any pop up on the screen at any point about a credit limit just before this started to happen? Can you send me the broadband number, name and date of birth,  I'l check your account right away and come back to you here? 

Navigator
I know.. I have another number with Three, but it works fine. And I just topped my modem 3 days ago..

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

It looks like the SIM you're using in your modem is a mobile phone SIM card on the All You Can Eat Data Plan. On these type of sim cards there is a fair usage policy of 60 GB which can come into play if other customers are affected by your usage as tethering is not supported. This is likely why you can see the signal and you can pick it up but are having difficulty using it. 

Navigator
I didn't know that. But I just logged in into the modem and changed the settings from auto to 3g only and chose the network manually and now is working. I watched a complete film on Netflix to test it and seems to be working.. I'll try to change it to 4G only and see what happens

Anonymous

Perfect! That's great to hear. I also recommend after you select the network to always put the search mode back to auto and the preferred mode to 3g only as this is the best setting for your area. Shane

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>