Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Huawei B525 VoIP configuration

Lookout

hi mate,

that seems cool tho init... i have no land line connection in the home, but i could buy a real nice answering machine home phone that i would normally plug into my land-line & use this as a normal phone. 

but at a charge like you say.

& would people be able to contact me though this method.?

be handy if i ran out of credit on my mobile phone, or when im at work & the missis needs to call out & she's got no credit. (emergancy like you say).

would connecting to xbox1 via cable from b525 be any denifical to me.?

thanks sean.

Explorer

It will work for incoming calls also - I gave this a try by calling the 083 number that comes with the broadband SIM and the corded phone started ringing.  35c/min may not sound like a lot, but it very quickly adds up, e.g. a 30 minute call would be over €10!

The Xbox1 should work fine over wireless such as for downloading game updates and non time critical games such as multi-player racing.  For games where a split-second delay can mean a life/death situation in a shooting game, I would suggest using a cable if possible as wireless can intermittently add latency. 

Highlighted

Lookout

nice 1 sean,

i do play black opts zombies with 2 of my mates in different parts of ireland online (so the 3 of us on 3 different xbox) & sometimes i notice that i haven't moved but i have moved (if you get me), & this b525 box allows me to stop that from happening.... 

i dont really play alot online tho, usually 1 weekend night out of 4 weekends. so may not use this feature. handy to know tho... thanks man.

30mins on the phone, possible when i call the parents. but for incoming as we have bad reception on our mobile in the home, (not 3 mobile, different company), but  out & about its very good & for the 15euro cost per month we get free calls to anything in ireland. so its good you know. 

but yes, i may use this feature, phone line port & connect a land-line phone. may be handy (quick out going call. incoming. mobile power dead.) 

were did you get the cost per minute from sean.?

thanks info mate.

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>

Top Discussions