Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Does Three use LTE?

Anonymous

I'm looking at buying a One Plus X but I've heard it often has issues with LTE. I'm using Three's all you can eat PAYG deal. Does Three use LTE in Ireland?

Chosen Solution

Re: Does Three use LTE?

[ Edited ]
Legend

@Anonymous I think your question should be what LTE Bands does Three use, as I see from the one plus X specs the EU Model uses "LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20"

So from looking around, I think these are the LTE Bands That Three Ireland have

Officially Three got for LTE (4G)
900MHz band 9 - 2x5MHz
1800MHz band 3 - 2x20MHz

and  O2 bands: (which Three own now)
800MHz band 20 - 2x10MHz
900MHz band 9 - 2x10MHz
1800MHz band 3 - 2x15MHz

So the One Plus X could use the LTE Bands 3 and 20

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Community Manager

@Anonymous Hi there, yes we do have LTE(4G) available in many locations across Ireland.  We don't sell the One Plus X ourselves so we can't guarantee that it will work for you. Let me know if you've any more questions. Rachel   

[ Edited ]
Legend

@Anonymous I think your question should be what LTE Bands does Three use, as I see from the one plus X specs the EU Model uses "LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20"

So from looking around, I think these are the LTE Bands That Three Ireland have

Officially Three got for LTE (4G)
900MHz band 9 - 2x5MHz
1800MHz band 3 - 2x20MHz

and  O2 bands: (which Three own now)
800MHz band 20 - 2x10MHz
900MHz band 9 - 2x10MHz
1800MHz band 3 - 2x15MHz

So the One Plus X could use the LTE Bands 3 and 20

Anonymous
Perfect answer, thank you!
Highlighted

Wizard

Great stuff as always @billbond4. Hope this helped @Anonymous- be sure to pop back to me if you've any other questions. 

Leader
As a side note not sure if this link is quite up to date
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe

Legend

Id say thats a bit out of date, no mention of Threes band 20

Leader
I agree I think band 7 should be in there too not 100% on that maybe the Mods might fill us in on that

Leader

Hey guys, we operate off 1800MHz & 800MHz bands. Shout if have need any other questions Smiley Happy

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon