Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Are you using the 02 network in my area?

Legend

Yeah I like me olde phone, only 13 years old, wonder will it be working in another 13 years?

Any idea why my three Sim doesnt work in the phone? I can put in a Tesco Mobile Sim Card (which uses three) and it works fine?

Do three SIM cards not allowed to be used in no 3G phones?

3 Community Manager
Because Three is a 3G network, our SIMs won't always work in a phone that only uses 2G.

With the Three SIM in the phone, try searching for a network. If you see 3. (with the dot) or O2IRL, choose that option and restart the phone once it has loaded again. That should allow it to use 2G.

Legend
I dont even get an option to do anything, when I switch on the phone it says "Insert Sim Card"
There must be something on the Three Sim that doesnt work with 2G only phones.

3 Community Manager
Possibly, unfortunately I don't have a phone here that I can test that on.

I'll ask around and let you know if I find one, I'm curious about this myself.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hey there,

Because it indicates Insert SIM card id imagine it isn't picking up that a SIM card is present, Three stocked the iPhone 3GS when it was released so that shouldn't be a problem. Do you know of anyone else with a Three SIM that can pop it in your handset and see if they issue persists... 

Because it works with your other network then it should do with Three. Id Knock a SIM replacement on the head aswell.

If they Three SIM card wasn't able to work in this phone it would say No Service id presume.

UPDATE: I've just done a search online and come across a topic on board's. It seems a 2G only phone cannot work a Three SIM Card.

Boards Topic

Navigator
Hi I am having problems since I joined 3. I have what I consider, an expensive package, my problem is no signal-E or H and very very rarely 4G. Now as I said I have an expensive package and should be able to receive a reasonably consistant signal, the data part of the package is a pain to use.
I have spoken to reps, so I have answered all the questions that 3 consider relevant, so I don't want to go through the same rigmarol again.
Where I live, I can see the mast and as the ctow flies I am less than three miles from it.
As I see it 3 are taking money off me under false pretences, 3 should at least address the problem in hand.
If you get a hint of anger from this message, then yes, my patience is rapidly running out. I left vodafone after over 15 years because of similar issues and very bad customer support, so please try and give some believable reasons why these problem still exist.
Regards John.
Posted From Samsung SM-G950F

3 Staff

Hi JMR, can you tell me whereabouts this is happening? Are you able to make calls and send texts? How is your service in other areas? 

Navigator
Hi,
My main is the signal at home, I do have problems elseware but not as bad.
The problems are mainly voice calls very often the recipient of my call cannot hear me, or the reception is too broken to understand me.
The signalis usually zero bars to 2 bars, maybe three but is continually changing.
As for internet, my phone shows E most of the time, H or H+ and rarely 4G. I do get slightly better reception upstairs or outside, but the signal keeps changing, at the moment it is 2 bars, sorry 1bar now and switching between H & H+.
John.
Posted From Samsung SM-G950F

3 Moderator

Can you PM your address please and I'll look into this for you?

Navigator
Hi back again, twice I have tried to contact3 and failed twice. I have
waited in all day for a parcel delivery and I have been informed now that
the courier phoned me and couldn't get an answer, I have been at home all
day and my phone has been in my pocket. Also I have phoned my wife six
times and she has not received the call, am I the only one having these
problems? This is a new contract with a new phone,
Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>