Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
  • Three_Deborah1
  • 27-06-2019

WiFi Assist

by 3 Community Manager ‎27-06-2019 02:08 PM - edited ‎01-10-2019 12:59 PM (320 Views)

tip of week.jpg

Did you know that there is a setting in your smartphone that allows your data connection to toggle between WIFI and Mobile data when your WIFI signal is less than “strong”? This happens even if you have Mobile Data disabled in your settings.

Why does this happen?

It’s to ensure that your data connection remains at a high level of connectivity for a better user experience. However, if you are roaming or you are outside of your data plan, it may not be ideal to have this feature switched on as it will cause additional charges.

How do I recognise this in my setting?

This setting goes by different names depending on the type of phone you have. One thing that is common across them all is to make sure you have Mobile Data and WiFi enabled otherwise these settings will be hidden. Below are the general instructions for different makes of phone. Please note, that the wording might be slightly different in your settings depending on the model.

Feel free let us know how to find this in your phone. Best to include the make and model of your phone too as it will help other members of our 3Community.

Remember: make sure that both Mobile Data and WIFI are enabled first

tb.png

Comments
by Hwalker1
on ‎11-07-2019 09:00 PM
Would be fine if it was correct. Only applies to new phones. Both my Motorola phones costing £300+ each no longer work at home as Three has discontinued the Three in touch app that used to let them work. They have sent a new modem which has no Arial input so it's useless in my rubbish signal area at home. Still in its box. They also sent me a home signal box which sometimes works and sometimes does not. So I am £600+ out of pocket and still no signal. Can anyone tell me why Three in touch is no longer supported, and if there is a similar app that will work using WiFi to make calls.
by Legend
on ‎12-07-2019 08:47 AM
Sounds like your with three uk?
This forum is for three ireand
by 3 Community Manager
on ‎12-07-2019 09:23 AM

@Hwalker1 Three Ireland does not supply this product. @billbond4 is correct and you'll need to contact 3UK for help and support. Thanks'

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>