Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
  • Three_Rachel
  • 08-02-2019

Top 3 Photo Editors for your Phone

by 3 Community Manager on ‎08-02-2019 01:51 PM - last edited on ‎16-05-2019 03:24 PM by 3 Moderator (224 Views)

blog_header_app_of_the_week.jpg

App of the week: Top 3 Photo Editors for your Phone.

There are 1000’s of photo editing apps promising to turn the photos you take with your phone into masterpieces but I narrowed down the search for you because we all know "ain't nobody got time for that!"

One of the popular uses for these photo editing apps is taking selfies. It goes without saying, this has become a way of life for some people and its popularity has surged in the last couple of years.  This weeks “App of the week” is a little bit different. Instead of reviewing one app I will review three. To be more specific,  I will review the top three photo editing apps for phones so all you selfie-lovers can get the low down on what the best apps are. Anyone new to this hobby can start off on the right foot with one of the choices below! Of course, photo editing apps are not just used for selfies!  Those of you who want to know more about editing photos in general, should also find this helpful.

What features do we definitely want included in our photo editing apps?

• Filters Filters Filters!
  • Editing capabilities such as exposure, contrast, saturation, temperature, fade and perspective tools.
  • Retouch (ability to remove objects, shadows, people, buildings and even clouds! )

What are the top 3 Apps (Source: Tech Radar)

1. Snapseed
  2. Adobe Photoshop Express
  3. Canva

1. The first App on the list is Snapseed and its free (music to our ears) With Snapseed you get all the editing capabilities like cropping, rotating, and adjusting brightness and contrast in your photos. These features are pretty standard with photo apps, including the apps that usually come installed on your phone straight out of the box.  So what makes it so great you may ask? Well it also features a dehazing tool for removing fog, smart noise reduction (great for photos taken in low light), perspective correction, selective blurring, a healing tool for correcting blemishes, and lots more.

To give you a feel for how you can transform your photos using this app, I’ve tested all three of the Apps using the same photo of my precious puppies and I have to say I really love the effects! Meet Falkor (Bichon) and Susie (Shih tzu)

Falkor and Susie Version 1.jpgBeforeFalkor and Susie Version 2.jpgAfter

2. The second App on the list is Adobe Photoshop Express. This App promises to feature the best photo editing tools from all of the Adobe Apps in a more streamlined way which is optimised for touch screens. You’ll find all the basics here like rotate, crop, red-eye correction and brightness adjustment. The extras include smart filters designed to correct common issues, including colour temperature, fogging and exposure problems. There's also a wide variety of borders and artistic effects, all of which can be adjusted using simple sliders.  I liked this app because there were many features to play around with which was fun but I think there might be too many filters! For a lot of the filters, I couldn’t really see much of a difference between them and I wasnt wowed by the effects. 

So let’s  see what I can do with Falkor and Susie with App number two.

Falkor and Susie Version 1.jpgBeforefalkor and Susie Version 4.jpgAfter

3. Last but not least Canva

Canva is the perfect photo editing app for people that upload lots of photos on social media like Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and others. One of the best features is that the app will actually customise your photo size automatically, to suit the dimensions required for those social media platforms. There are lots of templates to choose from and you can add your own text as well which is great for those images you want to add a little message to. You can also add your images to the templates to create a nice effect which is also why this App is more popular amongst those that are very active on social media.

The Final picture of Falkor and Susie was created with Canva using an appropriate template placed on top of the image. They look like they want to do a bit of exploring!

falkor adn susie 5.png

Thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts or feedback about this, just pop over to our Suggestions Board and let us know.

Rachel

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>