Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
  • Three_Ashling
  • 13-06-2017

Tip of the Week: Customise Text Replies

by 3 Community Manager ‎13-06-2017 10:24 AM - edited ‎13-06-2017 10:25 AM (547 Views)

Three Tip of the Week.png

Tip of the Week: Customise your text replies to calls when busy

Why should I do this?

Ever received an important phone call while sitting in an equally important meeting? Or maybe you just don’t have the time to answer your phone, or want to answer your phone. Whatever the reason, did you know that instead of ignoring the call, cancelling the call or letting it go to voicemail, you can send an automatic text message instead? How considerate! It’s a feature that’s been around a long time but it’s often overlooked - so here’s how you can do it on iPhone and Android.  

How do I do this?

It’s simple…

iPhone:
If you have an iPhone running iOS 10, it’s easy to reply with a text message. When a call comes in, tap the button labeled ‘Message’, above the ‘Slide to Answer’ slider. You will then have the choice to respond to the caller with three automatic replies (“Sorry, I can’t talk right now”, “I’m on my way” and “Can I call you later?”).

There’s also the option to customise these three pre-written options. Simply go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text. From there you can customise the options to anything you like.

IMG_6112.PNGIMG_6113.PNG

Images based on iOS 10 software

Want an iPhone? Check out our range.

Android:
When a call is coming in, you’ll see an option for ‘Message’. Tap this and you can choose from a selection of pre-written texts, which when selected will also cancel the call.

If you want to create your own customised text options: open the Phone application, click ‘Settings’ from the options button and choose ‘Quick Decline Messages’ from the settings option. From there you can add and delete these text messages.

Android1.pngAndroid2.pngAndroid3.png

Images based on Android 7.0 software

Want an Android phone? Check out our range.

Ashling

Ashling

Ashling is the 3Community's resident wordsmith. With a passion for social media, innovative technology and all things mobile, she fills the 3Community with articles about tech news, app reviews and tips and tricks to make your life a little easier.

You can contact Ashling here.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>