Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
  • Three_Steve
  • 31-03-2015

Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - Out Now! [Updated]

by 3 Staff on ‎31-03-2015 04:40 PM - last edited on ‎09-05-2017 01:04 PM by (3,395 Views)

With the upcoming release of Samsung’s newest model, the Galaxy S6, we have rounded up some key specifications and features.

Are you excited to get your hands on this new release? Post your thoughts below, thanks Smiley Happy

Check out Shane from Three unboxing the Samsung Galaxy S6.

Picture1.jpg

Specifications:

Dimensions:        143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm

Screen:                5.1” - Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen

Camera:              16MP & 5MP Rear

Storage:              32GB/64GB Versions / No External Memory

Connection:        3G/4G

Software OS:      Android 5.0

Picture2.jpg

Unique Features:

Next Generation of display

Samsung have taken the thought behind Samsung TV screens and put it into the beautiful 5.1" Quad HD Super AMOLED® display. The videos you watch, the games you play, the pictures you take—they all look more vivid, detailed and colourful. At 577 pixels per inch, It’s so high definition you won’t be able to see individual pixels with the naked eye.

Perfect Pictures Every Time

The 5-megapixel front camera and 16-megapixel rear camera with a launch time of just 0.7 seconds, you can capture more of your favourite moments, as they happen. And thanks to its Optical Image Stabilisation, fast tracking auto focus and bigger, f1.9 aperture for better low light results, every shot will be as amazing as the next.

Built in Wireless Charging

The Galaxy S6 feature the ability to fast charge your battery - letting you watch 2 hours of HD video from just 10 minutes charging and with their built-in wireless charging capabilities, the Galaxy S6 offer you all the convenience of charging without the need to plug in - ensuring you’re always powered and ready for what's next.

Release date: 10th April.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - http://www.three.ie/web/samsung-galaxy-s6/

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - http://www.three.ie/web/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/

Comments
by
on ‎01-04-2015 12:21 PM
Just to jump in on this, I was lucky enough to be able to test the S6 over the last weekend. It was super-fast and the screen is so crisp, I cannot wait for this to be released!

If anyone has any specific questions on using the phone, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer Smiley Happy
by
on ‎02-04-2015 11:27 AM

Hi Sheena,

I have pre ordered the s6 edge yesterday i got an email from three stating that it is being made available first to people who had pre registered for updates, so i jumped right on that. Have you any ideas when the phone will actually ship to earlly adopters. Will i have it on or before the general release date ?

by
on ‎02-04-2015 01:09 PM

Hi @stevo-dtm, if you have pre-ordered the S6 Edge it will be shipped to you on the evening of the 9th, so you'll have it on the 10th April which is the release day, stock permitting - http://www.three.ie/web/samsung-galaxy-s6/

by
on ‎02-04-2015 01:28 PM

Great thanks sheena. One other question which is off topic three are rolling out lollipop for the s4 this week, will this apply original o2 phones also ? i switched from o2-three but im guessing the phone would still be running o2 firmware. The reason i am asking is because i will be giving the s4 to someone else and would like to know if the phone will still be supported by updates

by
on ‎02-04-2015 01:51 PM
The Lollipop update will be pushed out to that phone, but they would need to have a Three SIM in the phone. We anticipate that it will start rolling out in the coming weeks but I don't have an exact date for it. As soon as I have more info I'll post up here.
by
on ‎09-04-2015 09:36 AM

ok im a bit confused i got an email from three yesterday saying sorry the s6 edge is out of stock i that a customer service rep will be in touch with me soon. then at the bottom if the email in highligted in yellow it said if you have pre ordered please delete this email your device will be shipped by its advertised release date so i didnt think too much about it . I go online this morning to check the status of my order and says its out of stock. If my phone is not being shipped why the hell were pre orders being accepted in the first place. obviously the reason people pre order is to  SECURE A PHONE 

by
on ‎09-04-2015 10:44 AM

Hi @stevo-dtm, that 'out of stock' email is generated automatically because technically the phone is out of stock, but you should still receive the phone on launch day. Drop me a PM with your order details and I can double check for you.

by
on ‎09-04-2015 11:06 AM

Just sent you my details there sheena 

by
on ‎09-04-2015 12:50 PM
Hi folks, just in case anyone has the same concern, the orders are shipping this evening as normal so you can ignore the 'out of stock' email if you get one.

Enjoy! Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>