Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
  • Three_Rachel
  • 30-01-2019

App of the Week: Socratic - Math Answers and Homework Help

by 3 Community Manager ‎30-01-2019 11:02 AM - edited ‎30-01-2019 11:06 AM (281 Views)

App of the Week header.jpg

App of the Week: Socratic - Math Answers and Homework Help. 

Supports subjects including Math (Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, Graphing, etc), Science, Chemistry, History, English, Economics, and more. 

The Socratic App promises instant results to help those with homework struggles. All you have to do is point your camera phone at the question/section you're struggling with and take a photo of it. You'll get INSTANT explanations, videos, and step-by-step help. You can also click on the "ABC" to move away from the camera mode so you can manually type the question. With no In-App purchases and completely free, I think Socratic are on to a winner here!

How does the Socratic App work?

• Take a picture of a homework problem 
  • AI (Artificial Intelligence) instantly figures out which concepts you need to focus on and learn in order to answer it
  • Socratic’s AI combines cutting-edge computer vision technologies which read the questions from the image and it uses millions of homework answer samples.
  • The AI  uses this data to identify the concept required to answer the problem/question
  • The Visual support is created by Socratic's team of educators from sources like Khan Academy, Crash Course and more.

socratic video.gif

Socratic_colorful_cards.png

The Benefits: 

The Socratic App is beneficial to the children doing the homework. It also has a positive knock-on effect on the parents that are supervising, especially those that may not know the answer themselves.

The App is Time-Saving: forget all that time spent browsing on search engines looking for the answers. We've all been there, typing in a million different variations of the question and hoping to find a match. Even if you do find the match, you may not understand how it was answered. Socratic provides you with the explanation, the video tutorials, the definitions and a Q&A section.

The App Interface is extremely User-Friendly, you can't go wrong unless the image you capture is indistinguishable.

What is the Rating?

On the Google Play Store, the Socratic App is rated 4.6 out of 5 

On iTunes, the Socratic App is rated 4.7 out of 5

Where can I get it?

If you want to give the Socratic App a try, you can install it on  Android and iTunes 

it's 100% free with No In-App Purchases required.

Using this app has taken me back to my school days. Sunday evenings, in particular, I remember staring at my maths book and copy, hoping that the answer would jump out at me or at the very least, give me some kind of a clue! It never happened. I was lucky to have a Maths Genius for a brother so I always got there in the end. Not everyone is as lucky as I was though so this is definitely an App to keep your eye on and it is an App that will remain installed and in use!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope, if you decide to use this app, it helps you as much as it helped me and the masses!

Rachel.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>