My3

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Three App over WiFi

Lookout

Can somebody please explain why the Three App required mobile data and will not work over WiFi.  It makes no sense at all as I can get the same information using a browser window so it's not as though the App is providing anything extra.  However when I am in a country where I get charged for data, and therefore turn data off on my phone, the app just says 'Check network connection'.  That's silly anyway as I have a network connection, just not over the phone data network.

Re: Three App over WiFi

Mine works on wifi @px03afk are you using the older or different app? Try uninstall it and then install again and see how it goes maybe. Three Ireland app yeah?
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

I think I have the latest App, version 3.18.1 updated 7 days ago.

Latest version is updated on mine and its 2.2.0 is it UK app or Irish app.if my version is the latest and the last time I remember needing data was a long time ago I think it's not the Irish app.

Lookout

I donwloaded mine in UK originally but the latest update I have on the phone was downloaded in Canada.  It would appear that my version is later than yours.

Maestro

it's a different app @px03afk  @Michael_Mick is three Ireland and sounds like you're three UK? Our app can be used over wifi. I didn't realise that 3 UK was not the same but this is a Three Ireland Forum.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout

I didn't notice that this was an Ireland forum and on looking further I can't even see one for UK.  Thanks for the feedback.  I would love to tell Three UK about the problem but looks as though I can't.

Highlighted

It's odd they don't have one of these but you could try their social contact pages like Facebook or Twitter.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>