My3

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Cannot register account with broadband SIM

Navigator

Hi,
Am trying to set a password for my3 for a postpay broadband SIM (30e p.m. unlimited).

I didn't set a password when purchasing this plan & when I try to register, the option to reset the password says it sends a text.

Given that the SIM is being used in a router, how am I supposed to check the texts?

Surely there should be an option to have a reset password email sent instead?

How do I register?

Chosen Solution

Re: Cannot register account with broadband SIM

Maestro

You can see the tests bu logging into the router 192.168.8.1 is the URL and you have to be connected to the WiFi to open this. You login using admin as the username/password and in there you'll see a little envelope which brings you to texts sent to the SIM. I registered mine with an email so I'd get an email reset option instead of a text. Why are you trying to reset the password though if you haven't registered. Shouldn't you try to register first and use your email?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

You can see the tests bu logging into the router 192.168.8.1 is the URL and you have to be connected to the WiFi to open this. You login using admin as the username/password and in there you'll see a little envelope which brings you to texts sent to the SIM. I registered mine with an email so I'd get an email reset option instead of a text. Why are you trying to reset the password though if you haven't registered. Shouldn't you try to register first and use your email?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

Hey, thanks for the reply. Managed to sort it out by connecting to router.

I didn't register when I bought the router & when I did try to register, it said an account already existed for that number so that's why I tried to reset the password.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>