Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Do you meanย 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Xbox One strict NAT

Pathfinder

Hi there,

I am using the three all you can eat data on my android phone, I purchased the all you can eat data to play xbox online but my NAT is set to strict on the xbox network menu.

I have tried setting up different access points on the android mobile, I have tried setting up the apn for android devices.The NAT will sometimes turn to open NAT for about 3 minutes then it will instantly turn back to strict.

I am just wondering is there anything i can do to change this with mobile data? 

Maybe a public IP address or a router i could put my mobiles data through? 

Any help would be much appreciated ,

Kind regards,

Gary.

Chosen Solution

Re: Xbox One strict NAT

Legend

When you get a public ip address you would only be on a 3G network, Three cannot allocate public ip addresses on 4G networks yet.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hi Gary ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for getting in touch. Our 3Unlimited Broadband plan which comes with a free router is much more suited to use with an xbox  ๐Ÿ‘‰ broadband . Deb

Legend

When you get a public ip address you would only be on a 3G network, Three cannot allocate public ip addresses on 4G networks yet.

Pathfinder
Thanks for both replies ! Sorry I pressed solved by mistake lol . Yeah I can't get 4G usage in my area only 3G so would it be possible to create a public IP address using 3G? There must be a way to open this NAT . I can't get the broadband at the moment due to the length of the contract. I'm going to try and turn my laptop into a hotspot and connect the phones internet to laptop and hopefully Xbox will pick up laptop and NAT will be open
Posted From Alcatel 5044Y

3 Moderator

Hi Gary ๐Ÿ‘‹ I can set up a public dynamic IP for you  ๐Ÿ˜Š To do that I'll need your details, can you PM me your number, name, address and date of birth? 

Highlighted

3 Moderator

That's it Gary, just make sure your APN is set to 3internet ๐Ÿ˜Š

Pathfinder

Aw my xbox NAT type is still strict ๐Ÿ˜ข I thought the public IP would change it . Oh well theres no way around it ! but thanks for taking the time to help me out folks ๐Ÿ‘ 

Pathfinder

UPDATE: MY NAT HAS BEING OPEN THE LAST HOUR ON XBOX !!! I THINK ITS FIXED!!!๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

THE PUBLIC DYNAMIC IP MUST OF WORKED๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Pathfinder

STRICT NAT AGAIN I GIVE UP

3 Moderator

Sorry to hear that Gary โ˜น๏ธ You've done all you can and the settings are set up here correctly too!

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>