Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Three Mobile Broadband Speed

Lookout
Hi there, having huge issues in the evenings with broadband speeds. Last night I had to repeatedly reboot the modem to achieve a speed higher than .20 mbps. Day time speeds are OK, nothing to boast about. Can somebody take a look please. I am in Clara, Co. Offaly.
Posted From Samsung SM-G955F

Re: Three Mobile Broadband Speed

3 Moderator

Hi @wcullen and welcome to 3Community! Can you disable 4G and connect to 3G only? Let me know how you get on with this 👍

Might be a congestion thing, did it just start?

Pathfinder

Three are pushing their network beyond the limit, they have 750G for 30 euro and unlimited for 20 euro payg, they give network service to Tesco, Rural Wifi, Fleet connect, efone and probably others I don't know, If you have another option go for it, If you are like myself have no other options, tough. I am hoping Vodafone will increase their allowance a bit and join them.

Lookout
Hi @Three_Mairead, I got talking to a colleague of yours and he reset my SIM and I reset my modem. It does work better off the 3G network but it's not lightening by any means. I'm getting between 25-40 mbps on other Three modems at work but I'm getting between 3-7 mbps here on a good day.

Lookout
Hi @Naser I don't really have any other option either. Vodafone is great but the DL limit is the blocker. Hopefully it will improve soon.

Lookout
@Mac_n_cheese it's been slowing down a lot but never as bad as it was at the weekend. Changing to 3G from 4G improved it but only for a short time.

Mobile Broadband can be so finicky though. I have Fibre because it's more reliable, less things can affect it. In saying that though, the fact that you can bring your router to another place/house is a good thing.  

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>