Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mobile Broadband - what’s going on?

3 Moderator

Hi CarlH, there was a potential fix implemented this morning as part of the work order and the team is now monitoring. Conor

Explorer

In order to provide feedback on the fix made yesterday, I've been measuring 4G performance for the last 24 hours or so.

The results are as follows:

04/09 @11:27 - 4G DL =  0.13mbps, 4G UL = 14.6mbps

04/09 @11:29 - 4G DL =  0.06mbps, 4G UL = 12.8mbps

04/09 @11:36 - 4G DL =  26.2mbps, 4G UL = 18.2mbps

04/09 @15:53 - 4G DL =  12.9mbps, 4G UL = 16.0mbps

04/09 @16:01 - 4G DL =  9.64mbps, 4G UL = 19.5mbps

04/09 @18:47 - 4G DL =  8.28mbps, 4G UL = 16.3mbps

04/09 @20:23 - 4G DL =  4.88mbps, 4G UL = 19.6mbps

05/09 @00:02 - 4G DL =  0.37mbps, 4G UL = 12.1mbps

05/09 @07:26 - 4G DL =  0.63mbps, 4G UL = 16.2mbps

05/09 @10:55 - 4G DL =  10.4mbps, 4G UL = 15.8mbps

Hopefully diagnosis is ongoing, as the issue is still present.

Cheers

3 Moderator

As always Carl, thanks for the info. I've passed this on.

Explorer

Today has been very mixed in terms of connectivity, it seems to be getting worse again.

The results are as follows:

06/09 12:19 - 4G DL =  14.8mbps, 4G UL = 15.3mbps

06/09 14:01 - 4G DL =  22.3mbps, 4G UL = 16.0mbps

06/09 14:19 - 4G DL =  40.8mbps, 4G UL = 14.2mbps

06/09 14:25 - 4G DL =  0.29mbps, 4G UL = 12.8mbps

06/09 14:26 - 4G DL =  0.49mbps, 4G UL = 14.7mbps

06/09 14:26 - 4G DL =  0.60mbps, 4G UL = 15.6mbps

06/09 14:33 - 4G DL =  23.2mbps, 4G UL = 15.1mbps

06/09 14:51 - 4G DL =  0.77mbps, 4G UL = 16.1mbps

This is Day 9 of the outage, is there anyway to understand what the next steps are and when we can expect the issue to be resolved?

Cheers

3 Moderator

Thanks a million Carl 👍 I've put this to our team. 

Explorer

Hi,

Well here we are, Day 13, and absolutely no further forward than I was 2 weeks ago.

I have no clue what the issues are, who is working on them, and when I can expect them to be fixed. Despite several requests for this information.

In summary, here are the activities and their outcomes:

• Originally told there was no problem (via 1913), then that there was routine maintenance but it would be finished by 6pm Monday 27th. 6pm came and went, no improvement, no answer at call centre, as three support finish at 6pm and no overnight support.
  • After a few days of reporting issues, there is an acknowledgement that "there is a problem at the mast". This is the last statement on the issues, their causes or their resolutions.
  • Am offered a credit to the 4 accounts in the household which are impacted. Which i did not ask for, but it was a nice gesture. Am then told a €20 credit has been applied to the 3 mobile phones impacted and each has had their 28 days (Pre pay) reset. €20 euro credit has been applied, which we cant really use on a prepay handset, and current contracts expired today with no refresh.
  • Mobile broadband (the real major problem here), is still intermittent. I cant reliably make calls or join meetings. Nor can we watch Netflix/Amazon Prime or any of the other on-demand services we subscribe to.

Problems happen, I get that, but the customer service here has been nothing short of appalling.

No information, no progress, nothing.

I hereby give up.

I will not be renewing the 3 mobile phones in the house, as it is a pointless waste of €60 a month.

I would like to understand how I can be released from my mobile broadband 18 month contract, as I clearly need to engage another provider.

I would also like to be given the internal incident/problem number(s) for this topic.

This needs to be escalated, and dealt with properly.

Cheers

3 Community Manager

@CarlH We have continued to work to get this resolved on your behalf and our tech team are engaging with engineers regarding the issue which is impacting your service. Unfortunately there are occasions when known issues, impacting the performance of a mast can be on-going despite best attempts to resolve as quickly as possible. I personally escalated this on your behalf Friday evening in order to understand the exact cause and to get a better idea of a timeframe. The plan activation takes 48 working hours to activate and I've also emailed that department to action as priority. You'll receive a text to let you know it's up and running. In terms of the Incident number, that's not something we provide as that's usually a reference number you receive when an official complaint is logged via the Three.ie website. I'll check your account and come back to your PM regarding the contract as this is specific to your account so it can only be discussed in a private message.  I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience and I'll help in every way I can. 

Explorer

Hi,

We are now in Day 18 of this problem, and the issue has significantly worsened this morning. Neither broadband nor any of the mobiles are usable and haven't been for about 2 hours.

Avg rates are sitting at about 0.2mbps download, 10mbps up.

I can't use this service, and I can't cancel it. Please can you publically confirm that you consider this an acceptable situation, so future customers can be aware of what they are signing up to?

I wont waste anyones time asking for timelines, or next actions/owners, as having asked for it multiple times, I've come to the conclusion, that this is beyond the information three is prepared to provide.

Appreciate fully the web community managers are not the cause of this issue. But this medium of discussion has provided nothing in terms of remedying this problem. I am seeing the same spikes and drops I was in the beginning. There was no pattern to the previous drops in rate, so it is not correct to state the service has improved.

Cheers

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@CarlH Our tech team became aware that some customers in your location were experiencing difficulties using their 4G services this morning. This has been resolved now

I've also replied to you via PM regarding the investigation we have been discussing. Thanks'

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>