Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Huawei B525 bridge mode broadband

Navigator
Hi. I'm looking at getting the unlimited package with the Huawei B525 model included. I'm finding it very hard to find out if this modem supports a bridge mode. Has anyone any experience using this modem in a bridge mode or would anyone be able to check on their modem if the feature is listed on the routers online interface.

Thanks
Shane
Posted From Motorola Moto G (5) Plus

Chosen Solution

Re: Huawei B525 bridge mode broadband

Legend

There is no option :-( 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Legend

looks like it is, 

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Huawei/B525s-23a/Bridge_Mode.htm

But you wont have any support from Three once you enable it

Navigator
I came across that and only thing I noticed is that the model is slightly different but hopefully that won't make any difference. Only other concern I would have is if Three limit their firmware. I'm not too worried about support from Three once I get it up and running.
Thanks for your reply.

Legend

Three might do, so you might not know until you get the router, or ask someone that has it to goto that page for you

Legend

a friend of mine has one, I will ask him to check

Navigator
That would be great thanks!

Legend

There is no option :-( 

Navigator
**bleep** knew it was too good to be true. Suppose I may look into a different modem at some stage. Thanks for your help appreciate it.

Navigator

Is it possible that three might offer a monthly contract (instead of 18 months) if you "bring your own device".
They wouldn't need to recoup the cost of the router which is usually the reason to lock a contract in, no?

This way you could purchase any unlocked router that had the features you need (is it a passthrough to another router you are wanting to do?) plus the advantage of not having a device locked on the three network should you want to change in the future (three has a policy of not allowing routers to be unlocked after the contract is finished) 

Legend

That would be a pre-pay broadband plan then

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>