Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Home Broadband very poor

Navigator

If you read my initial post, I've tried the router in various locations both inside and outside the house.

Navigator

Hi

I've tried placing the Simm in the B315 but it doesn't register, Network status is Red

Legend
Hmm i wonder has your coverage changed since three has rolled out their new 4g network, i.e. Before you had good 3G coverage but now that cell is gone and the 4g cell doesnt have as good coverage as the old 3G

Posted From Sony G8441

Navigator

Hi Joolz,

I've tried the Simm in a phone and the speeds are not much different, download was 3.4Mb, upload 2.3mb. When i reseated the Simm back into the Huawei router initially the Network Status LED display was Red. Rebooted the router again and it returned to Blue. Tried another data speed test, currently 1.69md download, 1.73mb upload, brutal. 

Tired various times today - DL between 0.6 & 1.4mb, upload 1.1 - 1.6mb. This is not a proper service..... What is the point in spending €30 a month for dismal speed like this.

3 Moderator

I'd like to send you out a new sIM card Eddie to see if this will boost the signal. Can you PM me your address & I'll get this out to you. 

Navigator

Hi,

I've received and activated the new Simm but the speed both download and upload has not changed, fluctuating between max 4.8mb (once) to .81mb download & 3mb to .88mb upload. I was getting 1 bar from the 4G (sometimes nothing) so I configured the router for 3G only and I'm getting 3-4 bars but no difference in speed. I installed the Simm in my old B315 - no difference. It's a far cry from the min 8mb up to 24mb download speed I was getting using the B315 on the 60GB contract I had two years ago. This to me suggests that the current congestion outweighs the amount of Bandwidth that Three can provide as an acceptable service. This to me is unacceptable as a customer paying €30 a month for dial up speeds.

3 Moderator

Hi Eddie, can you send me a private message with your broadband number, address and date of birth please and I'll take a closer look into this for you? Aoife

Lookout
Having the exact same issues as Eddie set out above. Same speeds. It's a pathetic internet speed. I would appreciate if you could set out how to configure the Huawei B525 router to improve. Or if Eddie managed to improve his connection how he did so
Posted From Huawei G7-L01

3 Moderator

Hi Nado 👋 thanks for getting in touch. I'd like to help you here. Have you covered off the same steps as Eddie? Let me know . Deb

Lookout
Yes, I have. Could you please share if Eddie solved the issue and if so how?
Posted From Huawei G7-L01
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>