Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Home Broadband very poor

Navigator

Hi,

I've recently purchased the 750GB data package with the Huawei B525 router. The quality of the data speed is extremely poor, especially in the evenings, 0.6Mb or so. daytime can be approx 3Mb to 7Mb. This doesn't change even when I change the router settings to 3G.

I had purchased this package based on the fact that two years ago I had a 3 home package using the Huawei B315 and I was getting far better speeds, up to 22Mb. I've tried various locations around the house and outside with and without the external antenna and connecting using a laptop and lan (cat5) cable direct to the router. I have purchased a Yagi high freq external antenna and awaiting delivery of same to see if this helps. I find this extremely annoying as I work in IT and require broadband for emails, etc... I have moved my broadband business from Imagine LTE to Three Ireland but I'm questioning now. Can you look into the matter please . Thank you.

Re: Home Broadband very poor

3 Moderator

Hi Eddie,

If you've previously had the service in the home and you had a good connection I'd be looking to troubleshoot the SIM and modem. Do you have another SIM card you could test in the modem? 

Navigator

Hi

Unfortunately i don't have another simm except the 3 simm in the old Huawei B315 which is now deactivated

Navigator

I've the B525 currently set for 3G, just did a speed test, download 1.45mb, upload 2.01mb

3 Moderator

Can you test the sIM from the modem in a phone perhaps and see what speeds you get? 

Navigator

i'll try that and get back to you

3 Moderator

Thanks Eddie, we're here all weekend so let me know 👍

Leader

Have tried the new SIM in the old B315 modem - assuming the B315 is still working?

Legend
You need to move the router, my friend had exactly the same issue, moving the router resolved the issue

Posted From Sony G8441

Navigator

Hi,

I've tried the Simm in a phone and the speeds are not much different, download was 3.4Mb, upload 2.3mb. When i reseated the Simm back into the Huawei router initially the Network Status LED display was Red. Rebooted the router again and it returned to Blue. Tried another data speed test, currently 1.69md download, 1.73mb upload, brutal. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>