Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HUAWEI B525 slow spped

Lookout
I just upgraded to the new HUAWEI B525 router and am having slow speed or dropped connection on child’s Xbox One. We had a different Three mobile broadband before this without problems. Speed has been ok on phone.
What can I do to improve speed?
Considering-
a. Change SIM card. Still using the old SIM
b. Connect router directly to Xbox although this is away from windows
c. Change settings to 5GHz. Will this hinder or help speeds for all our devices.
d. Anything else I could do.

Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: HUAWEI B525 slow spped

@3user2

a. Change SIM card. Still using the old SIM: According to Mods, the Sim loses its mojo after 18 months
b. Connect router directly to Xbox although this is away from windows: Wired is usually faster
c. Change settings to 5GHz. Will this hinder or help speeds for all our devices. Other devices may not be able to pick it up
d. Anything else I could do. Xbox will use up all your bandwidth so you prob will be limited when that's connected, for your other devices. Use a prepay Sim in your other old modem, top up by €20 and use that for other devices? (Prob frowned upon but its all I can think of. )

Re: HUAWEI B525 slow spped

Lookout
So I switched the SIM card and it seems to be working ok now. Fingers crossed.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>