Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

B525 connection drop

Lookout

Hi,

I've a B525 router that frequently stops connecting to the internet. Some days it'll be fine, others it'll happen 5 times in an hour (it's happened twice just whilst trying to post this). I'll have 3 bars of 4g but no connection. Resetting the router always fixes it but it can stop connecting again in as little as 3 mins. If I leave it it'll come back on it's own but this can take between 2 mins to half an hour. It seems to be the same problem as this person with a B315 router which was fixed with a new sim. Can you look into this please?

Thanks

Re: B525 connection drop

3 Moderator

Hi @hfoster02 and welcome to 3Community! I'll certainly look into this for you. Do you have any idea when you last updated your broadband sim card? For maximum service, we recommend updating them every 24 months 👍

Lookout
I got the modem and sim last November and it's occasionally had the problem since I got it but in the last 2 weeks it's got too frequent to ignore.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Anonymous

Ok thanks for these details 👍 Can i ask do you have access to a pc or laptop at the moment?

Lookout
Yeah I have it connected to a pc with an ethernet cable. Or with my phone through WiFi. Happens when using either device
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Anonymous

Thanks for these details 👍 Could you send me a pm with your mobile broadband number, name address and date of birth please 😊 Shane

Scout

I have the exact same problem - very intermittent. Generally the service from three is very good for me but this issue persists. It just happened again today, the internet stops, no errors and the B525 shows all as ok - 5 bars signal no alarms. Issues is fixed with a reboot or restart.

How did this get resolved for you? 

Have you tried just rebooting it first thing in the morning? Maybe it just needs a reboot once a day. If you try it first thing then it may not need it when you're using it during the day/evening.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

3 Moderator

@keanebg1 👋 Did you do what @Mac_n_cheese recommended? Is it working for you? If not, I'll need to check your account and area. To do this can you PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth? Deb 

Highlighted

@Three_Deborah1 guessing if he hasn't replied usually means he tried it and it worked or he was looking for a way not to have to turn it off and on. Don't think it's an area issue if it works after a reboot, just general modem behavior...sometimes they need to be turned off and on again. I'm sure if further help is needed you'll hear about it.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>