Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

4G speed

Lookout

4G speed seems unusually slow this week - I'm usually online from 18:30 or so. In the Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow area (I'm not sure where the local mast is). It's at a crawl as I type this, 100kb/s, but sometimes spikes up to 400kb/s or so. It was the same yesterday for the whole evening. I don't get stellar speeds out as far as I am, but it's usually significantly better.

Any works in progress?

Re: 4G speed

Anonymous

Hi Padraic 👋 oh no! that's not what we like to hear. Id like to look abit further into this for you can you send a PM with your mobile number, name address and date of birth please 😊 Shane

Lookout
Hi. My 4G speed has dropped from been 30Mb and above to below 3Mb and sometimes below 1Mb. I'm in North Tipperary.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout
I'm connected to Tower TP0091

Anonymous

Hi Tomangos 👋 I'm sorry to hear that! I've checked that mast for you and there are no outages on it that I can see. When did you first notice the reduction? Does the service work fine in other areas? How is your 3G speed in that area? Conor

Lookout

Hi Conor. It's the same speed I'm getting on a number of devices off that mast. The speeds right now are 3Mbps on 4g and 2Mbps on 3g. This occurred about 4 weeks ago.

Anonymous

Can you send me a PM with the mobile number, full name, address and date of birth please? 

Lookout

The situation resolved itself after I posted this, but for the last week it has reverted...and is now even worse.

0.5MB for entire evenings from 7pm up to 11pm (I'm at work earlier). 2MB at some other times I checked at weekend. Previously I would be getting much better until around the usual 9pm period of I assume heavy congestion where it fell back to 2MB. Switching to 3G is even slower.

Frankly it's become close to unusable. I don't mind slow speeds at times, but ALL the time is a bit too much when I know even the creaking copper lines can manage 2MB consistently.

Can anyone check if it's something at the local tower? I can send on my details.

3 Moderator

Hi PadraicB

Speeds can tend to slow down in the evenings around these times as it tends to be the time where most people will be using their data. However, the speeds you're getting, the 0.5mbps particularly, is something I'd like to take a closer look into for you. Can you send me a PM with your name, number, address and date of birth?

Cheers!

Lisa

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>