Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cant setup email

Navigator

Hello,

Just switched from eir to 3. Im using em client for eircom emails which Ive been using for a very long time over different isp's and have had no problem changing from one to another til now.

I've changed the SMPT to mail-relay.3ireland.ie and it just doesnt work,,, I'm getting mail but cannot send no matter what I try,, any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: cant setup email

3 Moderator

Hi tyuire and welcome to 3Community! Let's look into this for you. Are you sending the emails connected to WIFI or are you connected to 4G?

Navigator

Well I'm using the Huawei B525 - Black, to a laptop.

3 Community Manager

Thanks for that! Can you check everything is set up correctly?

Mail server type: POP3
Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
Outgoing mail server: mail-relay.3ireland.ie

Outgoing mail service type: SMTP
Outgoing mail authentication: Not used
Use SSL should be “Off”
SMTP port: 587 

Navigator

Thanks , thought the SMPT port set to 587 would sort it because it was on 110 but still wont work .

3 Community Manager

Thanks for doing all that 😊 I'll need to pass your info on to our tech team. Can you PM me your details? 

Navigator

OK ,,how exactly do I pm you?

3 Moderator

[ Edited ]
Navigator

There seems to be a problem with this too, when I try to pm it just brings me to a page with PRIVATE MESSAGE  on it.  I'm also on occasion being taken to a 3 page requesting an ssid? could this be the problem for everything.

3 Community Manager

The page with Private Message is where you need to be. You'll see a moderator's name in the send to line. Plus Message Subject and Message Body. Can you try it again?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>