Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Xbox One strict NAT

Pathfinder

Hi there,

I am using the three all you can eat data on my android phone, I purchased the all you can eat data to play xbox online but my NAT is set to strict on the xbox network menu.

I have tried setting up different access points on the android mobile, I have tried setting up the apn for android devices.The NAT will sometimes turn to open NAT for about 3 minutes then it will instantly turn back to strict.

I am just wondering is there anything i can do to change this with mobile data? 

Maybe a public IP address or a router i could put my mobiles data through? 

Any help would be much appreciated ,

Kind regards,

Gary.

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Xbox One strict NAT

Legend

When you get a public ip address you would only be on a 3G network, Three cannot allocate public ip addresses on 4G networks yet.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Community Manager

Hi Gary 👋 Thanks for getting in touch. Our 3Unlimited Broadband plan which comes with a free router is much more suited to use with an xbox  👉 broadband . Deb

Highlighted

Legend

When you get a public ip address you would only be on a 3G network, Three cannot allocate public ip addresses on 4G networks yet.

Pathfinder
Thanks for both replies ! Sorry I pressed solved by mistake lol . Yeah I can't get 4G usage in my area only 3G so would it be possible to create a public IP address using 3G? There must be a way to open this NAT . I can't get the broadband at the moment due to the length of the contract. I'm going to try and turn my laptop into a hotspot and connect the phones internet to laptop and hopefully Xbox will pick up laptop and NAT will be open

3 Community Manager

Hi Gary 👋 I can set up a public dynamic IP for you  😊 To do that I'll need your details, can you PM me your number, name, address and date of birth? 

3 Moderator

That's it Gary, just make sure your APN is set to 3internet 😊

Pathfinder

Aw my xbox NAT type is still strict 😢 I thought the public IP would change it . Oh well theres no way around it ! but thanks for taking the time to help me out folks 👍 

Pathfinder

UPDATE: MY NAT HAS BEING OPEN THE LAST HOUR ON XBOX !!! I THINK ITS FIXED!!!🙂👍

THE PUBLIC DYNAMIC IP MUST OF WORKED👍👍

Pathfinder

STRICT NAT AGAIN I GIVE UP

3 Community Manager

Sorry to hear that Gary ☹️ You've done all you can and the settings are set up here correctly too!

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon