Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Why International Data Roaming add-on on Broadband 4G Router

Navigator

I've recently signed up for 30 day SIM only Broadband [for my 4G LTE Router] and after registering for a new Three account online [have never been with Three before] I'm pretty sure there was no Add-ons active on my account. Yesterday when I've logged in to check my Broadband usage, I've noticed the following...

"My Add-ons
International Data Roaming (active)
Cost: €10.00 a month
Add-on expiry: Recurring
What you get:
You can cancel this Add-on at any time after the first month by calling us on 1913 (free) from your Three mobile or on 083 333 3333 from any other phone (national rate).
This may be subject to a termination fee.
If an Add-on you've bought is marked as 'pending' you'll need to wait before it's active.
Bought an Add-on more than 15 minutes ago and can't see it here? Please call us on 1913 from your Three phone."

Not sure how and why is this showing up on my account, and why would such an add-on exist in the first place for the Router - it would make sense for the Mobile phone.
So I've went to one of the stores in the city [Cork] and the girl there told me that this is normal and that all data is just being treated as "roaming" and that I will NOT be charged anything for this. This seems a little odd since there's a cost shown - why not make it €0.00 then? Can one of the Mods here please confirm this and if that's not the case please find how this ended up on my account and remove it asap.

I'm still on a 14-day trial period and with the current low Broadband speeds [see my other post] I don't want to end up with unneeded additional costs if things improve and I stay with Three.ie for a while. Thx!

Chosen Solution

Re: Why International Data Roaming add-on on Broadband 4G Ro

3 Community Manager

@3newcomer Usually at this stage I'd come back here and explain why you can see the add-on and what it means but there's no reason for that add on, roaming isn't part of our MBB plans. The only thing I can think of is it was human error in store but you haven't been charged and it's not on your account here. I checked your account features and highlighted it with the billing team. They did a few checks themselves and everything is set up as it should be. I performed a type of reset on your features so the add-on may not be there anymore. If it is, I can guarantee you won't be charged as the plan does not recognise that type of add-on. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

I know you asked the mods but I'm just curious, you can add the add ons when you place the order online although I've never seen that add on before. Does it say how much you get for 10 euro? Store reply sounds wrong!

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Navigator

There's no more information then that from what I can see, but my plan is 30-day contract for 30 euro with unlimited download [fair usage of 750GB], so I have no idea what that add-on is supposed to be for. It's not like person would drag the router with him out of the country.

Also, I've signed up in the store, not on-line, and I know some people were saying the 14-day return is only applicable if you sing-up online, but I have been specifically directed to this point in the contract that I've got, without me even asking about it first. In addition, the girl that I've talked to today is the same one that signed me up originally, so not sure what to make of it tbh. So, if she hasn't added that to my account and I know I haven't, I'm not sure who did.

When I also asked about the low speed etc. she did gave the the number to try and get to the Techs, but I thought I might have better luck here and help others if they experience the same. Once again, the girl in the store mentioned the 14-day return today as well, if I can't get it all sorted.

[ Edited ]
Maestro

Sounds fair. Mods are on in morning so they'll come back to you and check the add on but save time and pm the number to one of them  @Three_Rachel is good, go to your message and send her a PM. You can come back to let everyone else know how you get on here with solution. Did you try disabling one of the frequencies on the router. I'm on same plan but got a router with mine. 

Navigator

Thx @Mac_n_cheese, I've just sent PM to Rachel in regards to both of my threads, with all of my info.

We're now kinda cross-posting both threads in one, but yes at the time I've tried going through all the frequencies one by one. Maybe a reboot of the router between the changes would also make a difference, so I'll try this next time. Will see to schedule all this tomorrow after work if no other solutions come from the Mods/Tech side in the meantime.

Maestro
Yeah the cross over is my fault! Hopefully you'll have a solution for that weird add on here and the change in friequency makes a difference tomorrow night.

3 Community Manager

@3newcomer That is an odd add-on and to be honest I've never seen it before with a broadband account so lets' check it out and remove it if we can but first make sure it's not part of the package which I really don't think it is. I have your details so I'll check it out now and come back to you here. Thanks'

Navigator

Thanks @Three_Rachel. To be fair, I was able to see my upcoming bill in my account and those 10 euro were not showing up there in the total for this month [Feb], but since this is the first bill, it is noted as "draft" and it might change, so for the peace of mind going forward I would rather not have unexpected surprises. Hopefully you'll be able to remove it. Thx!

3 Community Manager

@3newcomer No problem, I'll check it out first just to get a better understanding of where it came from or what it adds to the plan before I remove it. Leave it with me!

3 Community Manager

@3newcomer Usually at this stage I'd come back here and explain why you can see the add-on and what it means but there's no reason for that add on, roaming isn't part of our MBB plans. The only thing I can think of is it was human error in store but you haven't been charged and it's not on your account here. I checked your account features and highlighted it with the billing team. They did a few checks themselves and everything is set up as it should be. I performed a type of reset on your features so the add-on may not be there anymore. If it is, I can guarantee you won't be charged as the plan does not recognise that type of add-on. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>