Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Whitehall, Dublin. 4G download <1MB, 4G upload >10MB

I'm a three broadband customer in Whitehall in Dublin. Recently (within the last week) my home broadband download speeds are crawling along at <1MB while uploads are bizarrely able to reach >10MB.

I'm also a three mobile phone customer and have noticed the exact same speeds on my 4G mobile phone.

This suggests a Three issue rather than something specific to my devices.

Can you check this for me? I can PM my details like eircode and phone numbers etc. I am using the stock Huawei router Three shipped to me for broadband access.

Chosen Solution

Re: Whitehall, Dublin. 4G download <1MB, 4G upload >10

So on Thurs Feb 28th download=0.5MB, upload~=30MB.

3 say they will look into it.

On Friday March 1st I received a text message saying you are receiving normal service.

Speed check shows download=>30MB and upload is reduced to 10MB.

Reduction in upload bandwidth suggests to met that the improved download means there was more upload activity, thus reducing bandwidth there.

Service is stable since.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

@briantkeane might be an issue if it's only the last week. Send the mods the PM and they'll have a look
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Re: Whitehall, Dublin. 4G download <1MB, 4G upload >10MB

3 Moderator

@briantkeane I'll certainly look into this for you right away! Can you PM me the full address/eir code, your broadband number/IMEI and your date of birth, please? 

So on Thurs Feb 28th download=0.5MB, upload~=30MB.

3 say they will look into it.

On Friday March 1st I received a text message saying you are receiving normal service.

Speed check shows download=>30MB and upload is reduced to 10MB.

Reduction in upload bandwidth suggests to met that the improved download means there was more upload activity, thus reducing bandwidth there.

Service is stable since.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>