Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Weird 4G speeds

Lookout

Hi there,
Normally my mobile internets 4G speed are 5-10 megabits during the day and then 30-60 at night
But the last two days the 6th and 7th, my speeds were 90+ megabits for the whole day for those 2 days straight.
I live in Newport, Tipperary and I showed my friend my speedtest who said his cousin got a message to say my area was getting upgraded/worked on

Today my internet has been under 5megabits the entire day, pretty much what it was before.

Was the last two days a fluke or what?

Re: Weird 4G speeds

@Geryn Hard to tell with that. What you should do is try to monitor and see how it goes but mods can't tell what speed you'll get cuz there are no lines to test as it's mobile BB

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout

Well I've contacted 3 to ask if there was an issue with my area and the person who I was speaking to said no.

Whereas I was getting awful speeds during the evening before at around 6pm onwards until midnight where it would pick back up.

I've now got awful speeds today and yesterday no matter what time of day it is and it never picked up after midnight last night.

So I had decent speeds after midnight before, then get those two days of fantastic speed for pretty much 48 hours, no drop in the speeds (90Mbs) during the morning, evening or night for the entirety of those days. Then go back to this mess of under 5Mbs speed since yesterday morning.

There has to be something going on that someone can tell me about, or contact someone else who knows. Either there's an issue with the service in general, my area or there's work being done somewhere.

It's certainly not my phone or sim as my brother was getting the same speeds if not higher in his room during those good days and he's plummeted too.

3 Community Manager

@Geryn Hi there, we've recently constructed a new mast in the Newport area and it went live at the beginning of the month. This mast is 3G capable and 4G is coming in the near future. You mentioned earlier that it's 4G speeds that you are looking at. Can you switch over to 3G only for the time being? I'll come back to you here once I see that 4G is available on the mast 👍

Lookout

Swapping to 3g gives me .5 speed.

Is there any reason to why I got those massive speeds for 2 whole days straight and then nothing, when I did the speed test it was pinging limerick as it always does when I speed test even when I get my bad speeds like today.

Still don't know why I have extremely poor speeds now the last two days on 4g no matter the time of day, it's obviously not because I'm connected to the newport mast, since theres no 4g on it yet.

I've no clue why I get amazing speeds for two days and now really awful speeds the last two days (worse than normal) without something being up elsewhere. Is there an issue with the limerick service?

3 Community Manager

@Geryn I'll need to check the exact mast that you connect to. I'll be able to check this with your number, full name, address, and date of birth. These details will give me access to your account. Please send these to me by PM. By the way, which speed test app are you using? 

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@Geryn Hello, letting you know that I'm keeping an eye on the mast in your area. 4G is coming in the future, I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, have you seen the competition we're running? @Mac_n_cheese is already entered. But if you fancy some concert tickets ( Kalid, Ariana Grande or Bellator) have a look at our 3Community for those gigs in September 👉  Be in with a chance!

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon