Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Three think my new broadband is a phone

Explorer

I just got a prepay broadband SIM, but when I try to buy an add-on-on, I just see options for phones, not for a MiFi. The help tells me to look for an option that doesn't show. All the possible devices shown are phones.

Chosen Solution

Re: Three think my new broadband is a phone

Explorer

I called the rep and he reset the account as mobile broadband.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Odd! Where did you get the SIM? I know some people use the prepay SIM in their broadband modems because its an unlimited plan. @JonMac46

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Explorer

I bought the SIM from Three website as a data SIM. Some years ago I had a brief Three account for a phone. It seems to remember the phone and not recognise that the new SIM is for broadband. How do I rest the My3 as a broadband ?

Oh you'll have to register the new number and use a different email address. Sounds like you're just logging in with the old number you used to have?

Explorer

I am logging in with the new number but the old email address. I will call them.

Yeah that email is still part of the older account. You can ask the mods here to help so you can use the same email for new number or use a different email address with new number to register.

Explorer

I called the rep and he reset the account as mobile broadband.

@JonMac46 thanks for letting us know. Didn't think that was a thing

Explorer

I typed too soon. Yesterday Three's system briefly recognised the SIM as MBB, and allowed me to top up and buy a data add on. Apparently, just after that it switched back to deciding it was a phone SIM, did not apply the add on, and then ran down all my credit.

I called and the rep said they would run a usage report, email it to me, and then I should call back No email received.

The rep could see I had bought a data add on.

I'll call again today.

What is strange is that My3 shows my plan as mobile broadband, although the possible add on showing is for a phone.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager
@JonMac46 could you send me a PM with your account details: number, address, emails and date of birth? I'd like to check this out for you and can link in with the relevant teams. I can sort out the credit also but I'd like to see what's causing this. Thanks'
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>