Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: The huawei b525 router is so slow!

Explorer
And yes im testing it with a cable and laptop

Legend
Your router is faulty.

Navigator

I am exercising my 14-days cooling period to cancel the contract and going back to EIR.

The service is terrible - for the last week I was running around the house like an idiot checking if the antennas are perfectly aligned with the masts. Whenever something was not loading the speedtest showed 2mbps if it worked at all. Then changing from 4G to 3G because community said that with few users it helps...

It is like a freaking DYI internet service !!??

While I setup 2 years ago my EIR mobile it just worked. The bandwith cap is super low (250GB) but at least I could use it unlike with Three. 750GB? How can I use it with such a bad service?

In the addition community support is sugarcoating the poor quality.

Explorer
I think im going to do the same and cancel the contract while i still can. I dont believe the router is faulty as it is saying on the router homepage the its receiving 150mbps download but its outputting less than 1mb to me that tells me its terrible service that the network cannot handle the demand and it not fit for purpose.

Im the same since yesterday ive been moving the router all over the place, changing the settings of the router, playing with the antennas and I shouldnt need to, the service I expect is to get my router, plug it in and it works even inside the house and if I want to squeeze a little more speed from it then place it near a window.

After asking a few people around that I know they also said it never worked for them either and they cancelled their three contract as well because it was unusable.

The value for money, €30 per month for 750gb is excellent but entirely pointless if you cant use it. I'm going to look for a different provider even if the limit is a lot less.

Navigator

We should grab a pint mate.

Same story, same c**p.

The one I tried to let go was EIR - 250GB transfer, but super reliable in terms of connection stability. Had them for the last two years.

While I was browsing for an alternative I found Imagine, but when i see reviews on ratemyisp I will skip it, looks just like three.

Explorer
Had too many pints last night wanted to watch another life on netflix but couldnt even load up the episodes and when it did was so pixelated it pissed me off so I went out for pints to vent my anger 😂😂

Shame vodafone dont do a decent mobile broadband package their network is very reliable as well.

Gonna cancel this yoke tomorrow before I throw the router out the window.

Last speed check 0.6mbps d/l 😠

3 Moderator

Hi, @Jrmc and @JBauer83 if you purchased the router in-store within 14 days you can return it. The suggestions that @billbond4 made were to help you as they have helped others. It is also worth considering that the number of people using the service in your area, increases due to the bank holiday weekend and this can impact your speed. There are factors which can affect the mbb speeds and service such as the distance from the mast, internal structures, external structures, weather, maintenance or upgrade work in your area which are outside of our control. This is why we can't guarantee speeds received but when its brought to our attention we will investigate it. If you'd like me to check out your service specifically, send me a PM with your mbb number, name, address and date of birth and I'll come back to you there. As advised above, you can also opt to return and cancel at the store where you purchased your broadband. Thanks

Explorer
Thanks for the reply shane an update to this is that it is not a problem with the router or placement of the router or interference, I was up early this morning and decided to run a speed test out of curiosity and got 51mbps d/l so its purely a contention issue which I feel is unacceptable i expect speed to go down a little due to contention. My hotspot from my vodafone galaxy s6 speedtest was at 42mpbs this morning and during peak hours its giving 16mbps, that is an acceptable drop in speed for me it runs netflix in ultra HD no problem whereas the three router was struggling to load webpages even.

I asked my mother who has the modem to run a speed test and she got the same 0.7mbps and shes getting 3 bars 4g and is living rural so there shouldnt be that many people competing for the network where she lives.

I think unless you can upgrade your network to deal with the demand you shouldn't be offering the service as its unusable for what you advertise it for which is heavy streaming and gaming.

I am returning the router today.

Not everyone will get the speeds but according to Shane's reply you can bring it back to the store if you're within 14 days. Also, I use it and get good speeds and I've the same router so distance from mast and your location plus interference could be causing the speeds you're seeing. Fair points but you can't make everyone happy. Just return it if it's not working out for you.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

3 Moderator

We'd hate to lose you as a customer but if you are returning the router, you'll need to bring the router back with the original packaging, all the parts & the receipt. Once you have all this in order you'll have no problem returning the device.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon