Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The huawei b525 router is so slow!

Explorer
So i got the mobiler router today as it has a large download limit "perfect for gaming and streaming" it said. The dowload speed is horrible i cant do anything on it. I try to watch netflix and i just get pixelated video thst buffers a lot. I went back to my 4g on my phone which is vodafone, ran a speed test and got 16.5mb download and 22.9mb upload. I ran a test on the router.....dont even know what to say I got 330kb download and 400kb upload.....WTF. I'm living in the centre on kilkenny city and the router has full 4g signal.

Am I missing something here?

Re: The huawei b525 router is so slow!

Legend
Try to move the router to another location, higher is better or near a window

Explorer
Ive moved it all over the place but cant seem to improve it. I just dont understand as it has full 4g signal anywhere in the house

Explorer
I seem to have it in the best place now and its getting 1.2mbps. Thats awfull. This package is meant for heavy streamers yet im barely getting enough speed to watch a movie in SD. How can my phone get 16mbps anywhere at all yet this router which is designed to get internet gets max 1.2mbps and i had to almost stick it out of the window to get that??

Navigator

Unfortunately You will just get really annoying answers like:

1. Move the router close to the window;

2. It's during the peak time, many users - we can't do anything about that;

Things get better when You ask on online chat:

1. We are running planned maintenance - please check around 6am it should be over then;

All of those answers are here to stall You, sugarcoat the fact that Three is overselling their network and infrastructure - it can't handle the load during peak-time, but there is nothing they will do about it.

Check my post here: https://forum.three.ie/t5/Broadband-and-Data/Mobile-Broadband-LOW-Speed/m-p/36888#M2665

Explorer
I know for a fact its the network in the router webpage the connection says full 4g and its getting 150mbps download and 69mbps upload yet on speed test i get 1mbps download and 23mbps upload. I tried to watch a movied on netflix and it wont even load, think ill be going back to the store and telling them they can have it back.

Legend
@JBauer83 it's a different issue @Jrmc is having.
Do you have a laptop that you can connect directly to the router? And run a speedtest that way.?
Or you connecting to the 5ghz band from the router?

Legend
It sounds like a router issue. Or WiFi interference in your location.

Navigator
😂😂
It's the same issue, three has poor service

Explorer
I have to agree with bauer the service is terrible. How can my phone which is vodafone run a speed test from the middle of the building only getting three 4g bars and get 16mb d/l and a purpose built router almost hanging it out the window with the external antennas pointing at the mast which i can see and is about 500 metres from me only get 0.58mb d/l. That is the network. And on the router setting page its telling me current connection full 4g with d/l 248mbps and 269mbps u/l.

Im extremely annoyed with the service, I cant even load a movie on netflix its that slow. What am i supposed to do with 750gb of data when the speed is under 1mbps.
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon