Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Do you meanΒ 
Accepted Solution

Technical issues or congestion in North Kerry?

Explorer

I've been using billpay mobile broadband for the last 3 months as I can't access fibre. Usually my Huawei B525 gets 20Mbps or so down and up. For the last few days the speed has seriously dropped, last night I was getting 0.3 down and 0.25 up.

In case it was my router, I bought a 1 day pass for my Huawei E5372 and had similar speeds.

I think I am accessing the tower in Tarbert, Co Kerry.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Chosen Solution

Re: Technical issues or congestion in North Kerry?

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

@JonMac46 

some of our customers were experiencing difficulties using their data services last night and the early hours of this morning. Our tech team began working on this and have resolved it. From what you're saying here, the times coincide with this. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

@JonMac46  How do you mean you can't access fibre are you getting your broadband through a landline or is it mobile? 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Explorer

Mobile broadband as fibre is too far away for the old telephone line and Eir doesn't have us on their roll out map.

Legend

Sounds like a mast issue, send one of the mods a PM with your details and they can investigate further

Explorer

Thanks. How do I contact the mods? Can't see a button!

3 Moderator

Hi Jon πŸ‘‹ I've received your PM and I'm getting back to you now πŸ˜ƒ

Explorer

The mods asked me to gather data. This is what I sent them today:

OK, I have made 21 speedtests over the last 6 days.

Download runs 15 to 35 Mbps.

Upload usually between 1.3 and 2.1 Mbps. However, if I reboot the Huawei B525, then upload can be as high as 19 Mbps, and device then shows 5 bars.

There has been no repeat of the extremely low download speeds I saw last weekend.

Regards,

Jon

Highlighted

Maestro
Okay so last week must have been an issue with the mast then if you're now getting 15mb plus which is good 😊
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Explorer

I've finally worked out that I don't need to re-boot the Huawei if signal strength is poor. Just go into settings, re-scan the networks and select 4G on 3. Bingo!

Maestro
Manual network selection. It's one of the steps you can use as well as moving the router around to find the best spot. Glad it worked for you.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>