Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Static IP address

[ Edited ]
Lookout

I believe that to have a static IP assigned I must PM the mods and to do so I must have posted publicly at least once. So, yeah, that's what I'm doing.

What info must I provide and to whom?

Chosen Solution

Re: Static IP address

3 Community Manager

@glicit , I got your PM 😊 Just remember to restart your router around this time tomorrow for the Public IP to kick in. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend

Thats correct send a pm to a mod (username starting with Three_)

and give them all your details, name, phone number ,address DOB , account number etc. and request the static address

I've read a few posts here from mods and they can do it but it's not static cuz it's mobile. I think static is only with like fibre broadband from eir. Itll work for ya but it's not static, same thing though for what you're looking for. @glicit
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Lookout

@billbond4 wrote:

Thats correct send a pm to a mod (username starting with Three_)

and give them all your details, name, phone number ,address DOB , account number etc. and request the static address

Do I just pick a random mod? That seems a bit rude.

Lookout

I'm sorry. What you are saying makes no sense. They can do it, but they can't do it?

@Mac_n_cheese wrote:
I've read a few posts here from mods and they can do it but it's not static cuz it's mobile. I think static is only with like fibre broadband from eir. Itll work for ya but it's not static, same thing though for what you're looking for. @glicit

3 Community Manager

@glicit 👋 Your random mod is here. Go on PM me, I'll only think it's rude if you leave out the details @billbond4 laid out above 😉  By the way, @Mac_n_cheese is right, I can help you with a Public IP, but it's a dynamic IP .

Lookout

Thanks @Three_Deborah1 and guys

I have a Huawei B525. The IP right now is  178.167.151.224 and the hostname is 178.167.151.224.three.ie

Are you saying that no matter what you do this will change? I will DM my details now anyway.

3 Community Manager

@glicit , I got your PM 😊 Just remember to restart your router around this time tomorrow for the Public IP to kick in. 

Following the lead of the original poster  - publicly posting once - in order to obtain a static public IP address

Legend
Send a pm to a mod with your account details and they will do it for you

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>