Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Slow internet and frequent latency spikes

Navigator

Hi, since last weekend my internet has been really poor. I'm out in Portumna, Galway, and I'm wondering if something has changed recently (I note a lot of other users on these forums having similar trouble).

The speed was okay this morning on 3G (since 4G seems to be totally not working now) but on both 3G and 4G I get sudden spikes in latency while gaming. Everything will be fine for about 10 minutes then it's like the internet just cuts out.

This never used to be an issue and I've tried everything on my end to fix it; changed DNS, changed cable from router to pc, reset the router, moved the router, disabled background apps on pc, turned wifi off on all my other devices, etc.

I'd appreciate any information in this regard,

thanks.

Re: Slow internet and frequent latency spikes

Maestro
Kind of coincides with the secondary and college students holidays, would that cause it?
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Navigator

Ohh... I hadn't thought of that, it's a good possibility as this is my first summer with this connection. That would certainly explain the lower speeds, not sure about the lag spikes though which are really the main issue. 2 megs download is okay for most things.

Maestro
Maybe @Three_Deborah can check your service to see the lag spikes? You'll have to give all the details about your setup though like everything and if you do it here then someone else might have been in the same boat to give you some help.

Navigator

Thanks, yeah I guess I'll give this thread a bump on Monday, was bad timing posting on a Friday night, hah.

Maestro
Hahaha well the mods are on all weekend anyways you just click on one of them and select the option to send a pm if you are sending your number but of you come back Monday just give the setup details and modem type and so on.

Navigator

Thanks, I'll do that now.

Scout

Lol yeah it was bad time posting on friday night..Was in no condition to do though 

Legend
If your on 3g I don't think it will help for gaming i.e. Low latency , it wasn't really designed for it

Legend
Btw hope your in better condition today

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>