Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Slow broadband router speeds

Scout

During the daytime, which is when using internet is most useful for me, speeds are beyond slow. Sometimes at 20-30kbps. Worse than dial up which is just crazy. About 2AM when I'm tired speeds shoot up to 11-12mbps. Not the best but enough to browse the internet, download, or stream. The time is far too inconvenient to be usable. I've tried alot of the solutions here (changing settings on the gateway page for example) and they temporarily work, but slowly dwindle down to completely unusable speeds when I do a speed test.

It's even so bad sometimes I can't load a speedtest, or they just say 0. I'm after upgrading to 700GB unlimited plan, because I noticed improved speeds consistently, but after setting up a contract for 18 months it's not even likely I could use 1GB. I use a lot of data so this plan was useful for me but the speeds just make it pointless.

Re: Slow broadband router speeds

Leader

Hi DannyPW

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this! It sounds like you may be in an area where our signal may be weak. Has data always been like this for you? Usually in these areas, you'll notice better speeds at night when there's far less traffic on the masts.

I would love to check this out for you further. Can you PM me your broadband number, name, address and DOB? 

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted

Re: Slow broadband router speeds

Explorer

Hi DannyPW

Just wondering if you managed to get a satisfactory conclusion to your poor broadband speed? I signed up for the same plan and I'm having a similar problem. 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon