Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Slow Speeds

Lookout

H Three, 

I'm on Bill Pay broadband and the speeds has gone from about 30-50 Mb/s down to as low as 2-3 Mbs and lower now in the evenings. Every time I brought it up on Boards.ie it got sorted , I hope it can get sorted again.

According to the modem the cell id is 

CELL_ID: 363776
Highlighted

Re: Slow Speeds

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi @4G_Man 👋 Welcome to The Community! How long have you been experiencing this? Have you seen this checklist before, take a look and let me know if you've tried the steps already. It has helped other Community members 👉 http://3.ie/md06 and let me know how you get on and we can take it from there. Susan 

Highlighted

Lookout

Hi Susan,

It's been getting gradually worse for the last couple of months but worst the last maybe 3 weeks. I have a 2nd pre pay modem which shows the same symptoms.

It's much worse in the evenings and weekends due to contention but @ 1- 3Mbs contention can't really be blamed because it shouldn't happen in this day and age.

I was getting a good 30 Mbs at the same time frames I'm now down to 1-3 Mbs. And off peak 50-60 Mbs. 

Appreciate anything you can do.

Highlighted

3 Moderator

Hmm 🤔 It may be due to works in the area based on how much it's changed in the last few weeks and also as you can see the same on a second modem. If you can let me know where it is you're using the service, I can check this out for you? 

Highlighted

Lookout

Hi Susan, 

Sending PM now, cheers. 

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

In the interest of ensuring the health & safety of our employees, our contact support centres are open, however we currently have limited resources. This may cause higher than normal wait times.

Under the advice of the government, our stores remain open. We have enhanced cleaning in place and are strongly enforcing social distancing which we encourage our customers to respect. We have also reduced the opening hours in all our stores

Self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.

For more tips & information, please click here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.