Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Significant Speed Drop on Mullinahone Mast:

Navigator

Hi,

Just checking status as we are experiencing a significant drop in performance today.  Speeds normally 30 to 40 mB for months, but now unstable and speeds down by 75% or more.   I verified the cell ID and I am still connected to Mullinahone (Tipperary) mast as normal.  It is struggling with normal Youtube and Netflix for example.  Have done all the usual debug, and signal strength is as normal. 

I am on the 750 GB billpay package and need it for work...Updates much appreciated. 

Regards,

Noel 

Chosen Solution

Re: Significant Speed Drop on Mullinahone Mast:

3 Community Manager

Hi Noel, thanks for reaching out. How's your speeds and connection thins morning? Did you see an improvement late last night after you got in touch? 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Community Manager

Hi Noel, thanks for reaching out. How's your speeds and connection thins morning? Did you see an improvement late last night after you got in touch? 

Navigator

Hi,

This has gone from bad to worse with download speeds of less then 0.5 kB.  It is unusabe currently at off peak 7.30 am.  I have had blemish free performance 40 mB for months and now a drop to < 0.5kB. 

I need it badly for work currently, can you please advise. 

Regards,

Noel

Navigator

How do I change this to unsolved...looked like it had improved last night...but back worse today. 

3 Moderator

@noelsean can you let me know the address so I can check out the area for you? 

Navigator

Hi Shauna,

I am connected to the Mullinoly mast in Mullinahone, Co. Tipperary per below. I am at an elevated site on the Kilkenny side a few kilometers away.  As I said earlier I have had a wonderful service for months up until last two days with speeds always at 30 to 40 mB, but down to 0.5 mB now.   All hardware is fine at my site. 

Thanks,

Noel 

Site ID  =  TP0057
Easting     234029
Northing   139266
Latitude    52.50
Longitude -7.50

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

@noelsean thanks for sending on all the details. I've checked the mast and don't see any issues. Have you tried a manual network selection, follow this link 👉 Here and give it a go if not. Let me know how you get on if it does not work can you PM me the following details 👉 broadband number or the IMEI, address and date of birth. 

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

@noelsean sorry I just edited the link there, it should be working now for you.

Highlighted

Navigator

Thanks Shauna.   

Yep - I did connect manually from day one forcing 4G.   Issue appears to be on Threes side as it occasionally performs ok.  

Thanks, Noel 

3 Moderator

Have you ever tested the 3G connection, Noel? What were the speeds like using this signal? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>