Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Replacing a HUAWEI B525 is a problem for three.

[ Edited ]
Explorer

I joined in January last the 750 gb package with three. I was informed although I had my own modem that I had to take one from three which I did and sold my tP link. The service was excellent and with a small and acceptable drop from 6 pm each evening. I was getting 30-35 mb down and 40 upload. In the past three weeks the service has dropped down to 1 mb some evenings so much so I cannot stream operas from Grand Met or now TV. I find that switching off for a few minutes when not in use does not resolve the issue. This evening I find the speed down between 1-4. Mb. But on resetting the modem the speed suddenly jumps back up to 30. This has happened on a number of occasions. Now I genuinely feel that there is an issue with my modem. So I would like to exchange one at three shop but have been informed by three support that this is not possible. I can bring it back to three shop and they will send it to HUAWEI or I can myself as it’s under guarantee but no replacement. I am really disillusioned by threes inflexible approach expecting me to be without a service whilst the modem is being looked at. A tech rep. rang me today and he advised me to turn off the modem once a day when not in use. I did this evening and the speed remained at 1-3 mb. Once I reset the device it’s back to normal. I live 2-3 km. from two masts and have sight of both. Modem is near a window. Really is this business practice so unfair by three? Surely it’s not too much to request a replacement modem while my own one is being checked out. 

Re: Replacing a HUAWEI B525 is a problem for three.

Anonymous

Hi there 👋 thanks for reaching out to us. I'd like to help you here but need more info. Can you tell me your broadband number? I'd like to look at the investigation history. You can send me your details via PM. I also need your name, address and date of birth.  Deb

Explorer
As I am away cycling for a few days will be back on Thursday thanks for prompt attention

Explorer
Please advise how to send a pm back to you with details

3 Moderator

@kittytwister click on the '' send me a PM '' on my signature and you'll be able to PM me this way.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon