Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Public IP address

Scout

Can a mod help me with this also please ? Thanks

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

We sure can! Public Dynamic addresses can be given for broadband Sims. Pop me a PM with your name, number, address, and date of birth and we'll be sure to help 😃 

Scout
Hi there any chance have public Ip? I bought today sim card sim trio with unlimited data etc. My sim card went in to TP-link router. Connection is perfect speed is very good but I need it public Ip. Is it possible to have it? I use online chat but they cant help me at all....
Posted From Huawei CLT-L09

Lookout

Hi, I would like to set up DDNS on my home network but require a public facing IP address to be provided via the 4G connection I have to do this. Currently I have 10. address and my router is complaining of a double NAT setup and I can not resolve this.

Can someone please advise how to get a public facing IP address?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Maestro

@burnshome26  this was just created by one of the mods public IP 

Outlines what can be done and how

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

3 Moderator

@burnshome26 Hi there 👋 Have you taken a look at the link @Mac_n_cheese attached? It will direct you to sending a mod a PM. You can click on my name and send me a PM with your details and I'll get it sorted 😃 

3 Moderator

@burnshome26 Hi there, I got your PM today and I've just made the relevant changes to your account. You'll need to give it about 24 hours before the Public IP kicks in. With that in mind, can you restart your router around this time tomorrow? 

Lookout

Great. Thanks for the fast turn around and support. 

I will report back on the status tomorrow after the re-start.

3 Moderator
Highlighted

Lookout

Hi,

I would like to share the following in the hope that it helps someone in the future.

If moving to a public IP address and you are using 4G modem router not supplied by Three, then you will need to ensure the APN name setting is set to 3internet and not 3ireland. I was unable to get a public IP address even though my request for one had been processed. A bit of digging around on the forum and it recommended this change. I updated the name, refreshed the admin page, and there it was, a nice public facing 80.blah.blah.blah

I now have DDNS and remote access to my network!Smiley Happy

Thanks to all the Three moderators who assisted.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>