Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Public IP address

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Hi There Mods and All,

I've joined your forum as I am trying to get external access to my internal network and have read a number of posts here relating to the topic.

https://forum.three.ie/t5/Broadband-and-Data/Billpay-and-Public-IP-address/m-p/35590

https://forum.three.ie/t5/Broadband-and-Data/Pre-Paid-Public-IP/m-p/35528

In all those posts it mentions to PM the mods your details and they kindly sort out access for you. Problem is that I've tried to message the mods but keep getting an access denied message. I've tried to search for a solution (nothing found) to this and have attempted various things to get around this (different PC, make sure I'm logged into Three.ie as well as forum, etc), but nothing seems to work.

https://forum.three.ie/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2430

So guess I have two requests right now, sorry. Firstly, I need to get access sorted so I can message the mods, then I can message them and ask for external access to my internal network.

Thanks in advance for your help and regards

Steve

Chosen Solution

Re: Public IP address

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Hi Steven @StephenW, brand new members need to post publicly before they can send a PM. We prefer to keep queries and discussions public so other members and visitors, who may have the same query, will know how to solve it. You’ve just posted publicly so you can send a PM with the details now Smiley Wink Just to make sure you’re aware, this is something we can arrange for broadband accounts only, prepay and bill pay.

Welcome to the Community! You'll find a couple of short articles to guide you as a new member - Here

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Hi Steven @StephenW, brand new members need to post publicly before they can send a PM. We prefer to keep queries and discussions public so other members and visitors, who may have the same query, will know how to solve it. You’ve just posted publicly so you can send a PM with the details now Smiley Wink Just to make sure you’re aware, this is something we can arrange for broadband accounts only, prepay and bill pay.

Welcome to the Community! You'll find a couple of short articles to guide you as a new member - Here

Lookout

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the speedy reply explaining that - and for putting me out of my misery ;-). I was trying not to reiterate a similar question, hence trying to PM straight away. But that makes good sense getting everyone to publicly post first.

Yeah, I'm a bill paying broadband customer. So will PM you now with my details :-)

Once again thanks for the speedy and complete reply.

Best regards

Steve

3 Community Manager

No bother at all Steve, I'm here to help 😊  I've seen your PM and I have all the details I need there. I'm going to open the APN setting on your account in the background and this will give you a Public IP. You don't need to do anything else. Although you might have seen here, that it will take about 24 hours to kick in and you'll need to restart your router 👍 

Legend
Are these now available for 4g connections?

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Hi Deborah,

That's great :-). Thanks again for all your help.

Regards

Steve

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@billbond4, opening the APN settings on broadband accounts works for both 3G and 4G signals 👍 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>