Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Public IP address on prepay SIM

Hi all, here's my situation, I'm a mobile prepay customer, I use my phone broadband for everything using a hotspot. I recently bought a Huawei router to put my SIM into when I'm at home with the hopes I could port forward and get access to my home server over the internet but to no avail. Ive tried various different apns but none seem to work. Other posts have stated that you can request a public IP address? Is that how to solve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Public IP address on prepay SIM

Maestro
@Thomsonplay no you can only get that for a broadband Sim and sounds like you're using a phone Sim which so they can't do anything for you with that. If you got the broadband Sim for 30 a month on the sim only plan they'd be able to sort it.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Maestro
@Thomsonplay no you can only get that for a broadband Sim and sounds like you're using a phone Sim which so they can't do anything for you with that. If you got the broadband Sim for 30 a month on the sim only plan they'd be able to sort it.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help!
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>